Changing the copy message after making a page private

How do I change the message after I make a page private from this:

The page you are looking for is no longer here, or never existed in the first place (bummer). You can try searching for what you are looking for using the form below. If that still doesn’t provide the results you are looking for, you can always start over from the home page.

To this:

This Page is Currently Private

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! First of all, you need to setup a child theme and activate it. You can refer to our child theme setup guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-setup-child-themes/57).

Then copy the file _content-404.php which is located inside (x/framework/views/global/) into your child theme’s respective location (x-child/framework/views/global/).

Then you can edit the page using a text editor and set your preferred wording.

<?php _e( 'This Page is Currently Private', '__x__' ); ?>

Hope that helps.

The child theme is up there. It’s Pro.

Isn’t there an easier way to do it like an edit function on the page?

Grace

Hi Grace,

Sorry I forgot to mention earlier. You can install our Custom 404 extension through Pro -> Validation section. Then create a WordPress page with your desired content and then you can enable the extension through Pro -> Custom 404 section and then select your page.

Hope that helps.

So I don’t have to follow your first suggestion then? I can change the content of the private copy after I enable the extension through Pro > Custom 404 section then select the page and edit the copy?

Hey There,

Custom 404 plugin is the easiest way to change the message. You can create a custom 404 page with a different message and assign it as your custom 404 page. If you use this, you do not need to have a child theme or any file modifications added to the child theme. For more details, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-custom-404/80

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Yes it worked. Thank you! It’s a far easier way to do it.

Grace

Hey There,

You’re welcome! We are just glad we were able to help you out.
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.