Changing Look of Default Page

Hi!

I am currently running into a problem that I am not sure how to fix and I don’t know if it is even possible. I am mostly using Cornerstone to do all the designing on my site due to my limited knowledge of CSS.

I set my pages to Blank - No Container, Header, Footer so I can keep control over the entire design instead of relying on the default template. You can see the look I am going for at freedomaz.co

However, when I made a page for blog posts it can’t be formatted as “Blank - No Container, Header, Footer” which I am assuming is because posts pages work different than the others. So what I opted to do was not set the blog page as a posts page and kept it “Blank - No Container, Header, Footer” so I could edit it with Cornerstone to maintain a similar design and I simply put a “Recent Posts” content block in the content area to avoid the formatting of the default page.

However, when previewing a post, it takes on the default page template and adds this tan bar that doesn’t fit with the look of the rest of the site and is the main thing I have been trying to avoid by using the “Blank - No Container” format.

Is there a way to simply remove that tan bar so the posts page can look like the rest of the site without having that tan bar? Or is there a way to change the default page template so I can actually change the blog to a “posts” page without having that tan bar as well?

Thanks!

Hey There,

Thanks for writing in! The tan bar is the landmark header which holds the page titles for the default pages. If you do not want to display the landmark header, you may hide the page titles in the landmark header by using a custom css. Please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

.site .x-header-landmark {
    display: none;
}

And to have a fullwidth layout, please enable it in the Post Settings when you edit you individual post. Review this article related to the Post Settings: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/meta-options-posts/143

Hope this helps.

That solved my problem! Thank you so much!

You’re welcome!
Thanks for letting us know that it has worked for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.