Certain Pages won't load in Cornerstone, won't save edits

When I go in to edit certain pages, the elements will not load. I just get a spin indicator. I can see everything that I have in the left hand edit bar, but the page will not load, and any change that I do make will not save. I have tried creating an entirely new page in the same fashion, but as soon as I go to add content to the second column, it won’t show up. I only need to change one link on the page. Very frustrated. Have disabled all plugins. Had no effect. Upon further inspection, my home page and under construction page is also effected. Neither of these pages have block grids. I cannot edit these pages in any way. Other pages are editable. I do not use Cloudflare. Have cleared cache many times.

Hey there,

Please check for the following first:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

Thanks.

I just posted why this is happening on my site:

@pbujok so we’re seriously going to have to switch hosts if Theme X doesn’t update files?

I just finished a migration from GoDaddy to Cloudways - Vultr. The site functions perfectly.

1 Like

I am having the same exact problem. No less than 10 sites with Cornerstone this morning will not load the page content and says there are script errors. It has renedered every site useless. All are hosted at Godaddy. I am very much hoping a fix is in the works for this as it will be impossible to move 10 websites. Just ain’t going to happen. I am not complaining just letting you know that there are more people out there with this problem and my guess is more will try for support. As always, thanks for your hard work and great support.

@BurntOffering I’m just glad to know that it isn’t an X problem. I have regained editing ability at GoDaddy hosting, but I have already migrated to Cloudways-Vultr, and I will migrate others as well. I can’t afford this kind of down time for my clients.

As suspected the posts are flooding in with people having the same issue.I am sure the team is working on it already.

1 Like

OK, an update. I am guessing that this is an issue with Godaddys hosting as now all sites are working. Maybe they were doing some kind of maintenance or something but for the moment all seems to be working fine on all sites. Hopefully if you are having this problem it will work itself out before the guys here spend tons of resources trying to fix it. Propagation might make it take a while to show up and work. For now. All is well here!

1 Like

It works!!!

1 Like

I was just moving to Cloudways Vultr, then I noticed it started working again after 3 days. Seems to be resolved now.

Glad to hear that :slight_smile: