Certain footers will not display on Pro Footer menu. Doesn't show up live on site when made Global

For some reason the legal footer info I have set up is no longer showing up on my pages after editing and saving. It is set to global but shows nothing on the live site as well as when you try to preview footer in footer pro menu. Other footer menus will show up but If I make a footer with just legal text and a link it won’t appear.

The issue is happening on the live site and staging. My client is hounding me about getting this resolved quickly. Needing help asap.

Please advise

Hi There @jordanlackey

Thanks for writing in! Could you please try enabling your WordPress WP_DEBUG mode and re-visit your pages to see if you’re getting any PHP error messages. You can follow this guide on how to enable WP_DEBUG mode (https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG).

Also when checking your server configurations, I see that your PHP memory limit is set to 384MB. Could you please try following our guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-increasing-php-memory-limit/16935) and see if that resolves your issue.

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your FTP credentials in a secure note to check your issue further.

Thanks!

This recent forum seems like the same issue that I am having as well. I only now noticed that my main site automatically updated wordpress. - https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/footer-content-erased/53671

Hello @jordanlackey,

This is a confirm bug. Our developers were already made aware of and will resolve this issue shortly.
An update release will be rolling out soon.

Please bear with us.

Hi there, any updates on this issue?

Hi,

Sorry no update yet for this bug. I will follow up this case with our web development team.

Thanks

Hi @jordanlackey,

I’m sorry you’re running into this problem. I updated the other thread you mentioned but I’ll just include the info here as well.

Pro 2.4.7 is now available via automatic updates. This will prevent the conflict from happening again but unfortunately it does not include a way to automatically recover corrupted data. There is a manually way to get them back, but if you are comfortable with editing your database directly. It will only work if you haven’t save the same header/footer another time after it was lost.

1. Backup your site.
  2. Locate the IDs for the headers or footers you are trying to recover. You can do this by opening them in their respective builder. The address bar will include a number which is the ID.
  3. In your wp_posts table, find the row with the ID is equal to your header ID. When you find it you’ll see that the post_type column should be cs_header or cs_footer and you the content is JSON.
  4. Open the post_content field.
  5. Remove any instances of rel="noopener noreferrer". This is the string WordPress added. Because it includes quotes it is breaking the JSON.

Let us know if you have any questions about this process.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.