Footer content erased

I was in the middle of creating/editing a footer. I went to check it on the live site and the footer is gone.
I refreshed the Pro Footer Editor page and the footer is still there but completely empty of content now.

I also just updated this site to WP 5.1.

I just spent a lot of time on this footer so I’m hoping there’s some way I can get it back, and hoping this isn’t a bug that will be repeated.

1 Like

I’ve had this same issue. As soon as you update or save the Pro footer the footer content erases itself and the footer disappears from the site. I restored from a backup point and I’m running some tests to see if it’s related to a plugin. It is only happening on my sites that have updated to the new 5.1 system.

1 Like

Thanks @webcraftcreative - I just reverted back to 5.0.3.
Time to rebuild that footer :slightly_frowning_face:

I just wanted to add that there isn’t a plugin conflict causing this issue for me. I’ve disabled all the plugins and the footer will still erase after being saved.

Hello Guys,

Thanks for writing in! This is a known issue with the latest version of the theme and WordPress 5.1. Our developers has already been informed and will be rolling out a new update release to fix this.

Please bear with us.

Just wanted to add my experience, thanks for looking into this! Is there any word if the patch will restore the footer content?

I lost my 4 footers with the upgrade to WP 5.1.

Hi @marketfresh and @ElectricBill ,

I’m really sorry about the data loss issue here.

Pro 2.4.7 is now available via automatic updates. This will prevent the conflict from happening again but unfortunately it does not include a way to automatically recover corrupted data. There is a manually way to get them back, but if you are comfortable with editing your database directly. It will only work if you haven’t save the same header/footer another time after it was lost.

1. Backup your site.
  2. Locate the IDs for the headers or footers you are trying to recover. You can do this by opening them in their respective builder. The address bar will include a number which is the ID.
  3. In your wp_posts table, find the row with the ID is equal to your header ID. When you find it you’ll see that the post_type column should be cs_header or cs_footer and you the content is JSON.
  4. Open the post_content field.
  5. Remove any instances of rel="noopener noreferrer". This is the string WordPress added. Because it includes quotes it is breaking the JSON.

Let us know if you have any questions about this process.

2 Likes

Fully recovered! Thanks so much for the fix!

We’re glad your site is now fixed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.