Center blog, change post link, remove line

Hi, I found answers to many of my questions in the forum, but still have a few questions. I am using X theme - Integrity:

1. On the blog page, all my post are left aligned. I limited the max-width because I do not want the post to be so huge, but now they are left aligned. I want them centered.

2. I want each of the blog posts on the blog page to link to it’s corresponding woocommerce product page instead of the single post page. Changing the permalink to the woocommerce product page just seemed to change the URL for the single post page to the same URL as the woocommerce product page, but still displayed the single post page.

3. How do I remove the line to the left and right of the blog page title ("-------The Blog-----")?

4. Some of the letters (the tail on the lower case “g”) gets hidden behind the subtitle box. How do I put the blog title on top (preferably), or increase the space between the blog title and the subtitle below so that the letter is not partially hidden?

5. I was able to limit the max-width of the blog posts on the blog page, but cannot seem to limit the max-height without bad results. In particular, it is the featured image height that needs to be limited, while still displaying the entire image.

Thanks!

Hello @bluekat,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please add following CSS under X > Theme Options > CSS to make necessary changes:

/* centre align blog page */
.blog .x-main .entry-wrap, .blog .x-main .entry-featured {margin: 0 auto;}

/* remove line */
.h-landmark span:before, .h-landmark span:after {display: none;}

/* hidden letter */
.h-landmark {
    padding-bottom: 15px;
}

To adjust featured image dimension you can take a look at following thread.

Regarding the 2nd customisation request, unfortunately that will fall outside the scope of support we can offer as it will require custom development. I suggest you to kindly get in touch with a developer in case you are not comfortable with programming.

You can also post our requirement in X Theme Facebook group and I am sure that some one from the group will help you out. Here is the URL:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/xthemeusers/

Please note that the Facebook group is not promoted by Themeco. It’s a group created by Community members for the benefit of community members.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you Prasant. Your solution worked perfectly for issues 1, 3, and 4. And I will consult the facebook page for help with #2.

As for #5, the dimension issue: How can I apply this to just some of the posts on the blog index page, and not all of them? (If it works for the single post page too, that is fine, but for most posts, I do not want people going to the single post page (problem #2) so I am less concerned with that.)

Hello @bluekat,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

In case you want the changes to limit to few pages that you can use WordPress page/post id’s. Here is the CSS that you can use under X > Theme Options > CSS:

.page-id-3034 .entry-featured {
    float: left;
    width: 40%;
    margin-right: 1%;
}

You just need to replace 3034 in above code as that’s the page id. I am sharing the tutorial link that you can refer to find out page id.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks! I modified that somewhat, but this gives me the look I wanted:

.post-413 .entry-featured {
padding: 10px 100px;
}

Now, because I will want to apply that styling to many posts, I have put all of those posts into a category called “tall”. I am looking for a way to NOT have to add CSS for every single post I want that applied to. So I tried this:

.category-tall .entry-featured {
padding: 10px 100px;
}

…but it did not change anything. Any suggestions?

Hello @bluekat,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

You can take a look at the solution mentioned in following thread.

Thanks.

Cool I just needed to add .blog to this:

.category-tall .entry-featured {
padding: 10px 100px;}

to make it

.blog .category-tall .entry-featured {
padding: 10px 100px;}

and it worked great!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.