CCS & Javascript not saving

Good Day

When editing a page and adding CSS and Javascript to the content js and content CSS sections, after saving and reloading the editor the CSS and Javascript are no longer there.

Some assistance would be appreciated

Hello @hatfieldchurch,

Thanks for writing in! :slight_smile:

I noticed that it takes time for your website to load. Kindly increase the PHP memory limit of your server to 512M.

Here’s some guide to follow at to fix this kind of issue.

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-customizer/196

If the problem is still happening, can we ask your Wordpress Admin username/password in a secure note? This is to ensure we can give you exact findings of this issue.

Thank you.

Thanks so much for your reply, I have tried this to no avail.
The page I am attempting to add JS and CSS to is this one
http://www.hatfield.co.za/new-home-page/

as you will see there is already some CSS but I cannot add additional CSS, the CSS that is already there remains but anything new added is not showing up after saving and refreshing the page

Hey there :slight_smile: Just a user posting here because I’ve had this exact issue today and came here to post about it earlier, but saw your thread.

I found that for me, the solution was turning off the plugin “Yoast SEO”, which again permitted my CSS + Javascript to save in the content builder. I’ve just been to your link and seen Yoast SEO’s output in your source code - so I’m going to go ahead and wager that you will find turning off this plugin while editing does the trick for you also.

If no dice then my apologies, but wanted to share my solution.

(Maybe you can report back here and if it does work, Devs you can take a note of the Yoast SEO plugin conflict with saving CSS + Java).

It’s sad that Yoast has yet to fix the issues reading the cornerstone content, I will try to disable Yoast and see. Doesn’t seem to be a long-term solution though

Hi There,

I have checked our issue tracker, but I could not find any issues reported.

Please post the sample JS code that you are having issues, so that we can test on our end and submit it to our issue tracker.

Thanks!

You are welcome.

@mldarshana

The code itself doesn’t matter, as you can type anything to reproduce the issue:

1. Activate “Yoast SEO” plugin.
  2. Type anything in JS / CSS section in the content builder.
  3. Press Save
  4. Refresh the page and your code will have disappeared.

Hello There,

Thanks for the clarifications. I have followed your instructions from 1 to 4 and I can still save custom CSS or JS in the page. Are you using the latest version of Yoast SEO plugin? Please make sure that you are up to date. Out dated theme and plugins will create issues in the site. The latest version is 7.0.3. (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/)

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

I’m using the latest Yoast plugin and I have the exact same problem. Disabling Yoast enables CSS and JS to be saved on individual pages.

Hi there,

We have reports regarding this and we already added this to our issue tracker. Please stay tuned for upcoming releases to have a fix regarding this.

For more information about this development cycle please read the article below:

Meanwhile, please install a Child Theme and add your CSS to the style.css file of your Child Theme until further notice.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.