Carousel has gone blank

Hello,

My Post Carousel is on in the theme options. (I’m using Ethos 1)
The featured posts for carousel are correctly checked.
Everything displayed perfectly well and all of a sudden it has gone blank (white).

The only thing I did meanwhile was to update Cornerstone to its latest version, and fill up the footer with widgets.

How can I fix this ?

Thanks for your help,

Hi There @Kimamori

Thanks for writing in! Upon checking, I see that you have enabled maintenance mode on your site.

Could you please make sure that you have updated both X theme and Cornerstone plugin by checking this version numbers (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195).

Then also make sure that you’re using PHP version 5.6.x or above to avoid incompatibility issues.

If you’re using a caching plugin, make sure to purge your server cache before testing.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

There were two issues linked and it is solved now. The detail and solutions can be found in the post called:

Cornestone disappeared following update.

Hi Yassi,

You did not give us the website information to check the case to follow up. Please, backup your website completely and update the theme to version 6.1.6 and Cornerstone to version 3.1.6.

Also for the Posts Carousel please make sure that you set at least one post to be featured. If you set the options from the X > Theme Options to have only featured ones you need to have featured posts. If you do not have featured post there will be a blank carousel.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

Hello @christopher.amirian,

Yes, I had precisely opened a new thread for the separate issue. The url/user/pass are in a secure note in the other thread named “Carousel disappeared following update”.

The website has been updated to latest versions of the theme and of Cornerstone, but now part of the post setting options are lacking. I cannot set a post as appearing in Carousel for example.

Thank you for your help,

Hi There,

I’ve already replied to you on that ticket: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-disappeared-following-update/35940/5.

Regards!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.