Cornerstone disappeared following update

Hello,

I updated Cornerstone to its latest version as suggested in the “plug-in” area of wp dashboard.

And now it has simply disappeared. No Cornerstone tab in the articles even edited with Cornerstone. And no content accessible either when I go to Cornerstone through X in the sidebar of wp dashboard.

Help !

Thanks,

Hello @Kimamori,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

1. First, I checked in settings page and seems the layout is broken. Upon checking the console I can see that the style.css file is missing. For error message, please see secure note. I suggest you to download a fresh copy of X Theme and under /x/framework/tco/dist/css/ copy tco.css file and upload the same to your server using FTP programs like FIlezilla under /wp-content/themes/x/framework/tco/dist/css/ directory. Doing so should fix the layout problem of Validation page.
  2. To activate Cornerstone on post, after uploading the css file please navigate under X > Settings and under permission click on posts and then save changes.

You can take a look at following tutorial to get started with Filezilla:

https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/how-to-use-filezilla-with-wordpress-8956

Thanks.

Hi @prasant,

I’m an end user and needed my webmaster’s help for installing a fresh copy of X Theme etc, reason why I didn’t get back to you earlier.

Your diagnosis and suggestions where great. Everyone works well anew !

Thanks,

If you need anything else please let us know.

Hello,

Yes, in fact there’s still something wrong.

I don’t have all the post settings options I had initially, I have only the first half. For example the post slider option or post in carousel etc. I cannot define my post as featured for carousel or slider anymore…

How can I fix this ?

Hi There,

Please click on the Screen Options button then check on the Ethos Post Settings:

Regards!

Hi thai,

Many thanks, it works and answers my question perfectly.

You’re welcome!
We’re glad we were able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.