Can't preview page, can't edit page. It's forever loading

Hello! I have the same issue as some of the users, which you resolved by taking a deeper look into their Web site.

I’m quite the noob so any help is much appreciated.

Since updating wordpress, themes, etc. I can’t seem to edit pages in cornerstone. The page doesn’t load (I just see a loading icon that goes on forever). Before this happened, the page would work intermittently, but the error message about “page taking too load to load… conflict” would appear (sorry I don’t see the error anymore; now it’s just loading forever). At other times, I would see only the top and bottom menu bar, with no content in between.

This used to happen to one or two pages. Now it’s in a “loading” pattern for all pages. So I can’t edit anything.

I’ve tried deactiving all plug-ins except cornerstone and WPForms, but to no avail.

I’ve cleared my cache but no change either. Please help.

Thank you.

Hi,

In that case, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials

All the best!

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! You are experiencing this issue because /wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.js were not loaded in your server. This has is related to this issue:

Please contact your hosting provider and whitelist this file so that Cornerstone will work again.

Please let us know how it goes.

My hosting provider says,"

We have tested the cs-vendor.js and it appears to be present and fully accessible.
Please inform the developer that this can be tested by accessing

http://www.zoukdanceacademy.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.js

There is no blocking of this file on the server side."

I’ve tested it and it works. May I know what the next step is?

Cheers!
Jean

Hi there,

The problem is the beta subdomain. The link you have sent is working correctly but this link is the actual link which fails:

http://beta.zoukdanceacademy.com/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.js

See the beta. the portion of the link above. That is not available on the link you have provided.

Thank you.

Thanks! They’ve fixed the issue with the subdomain but I’m still facing the same problem. The page is not loading (I cleared my cache before trying).

Hi there,

Thank you, it seems that the version of the Cornerstone which was installed on your website was corrupt. I deleted the plugin and then went to X > Overview, wait a few seconds and went back to plugins page and activated the newly installed Cornerstone plugin.

I checked the about page and it is working ok.

Thank you

Thank you so much! It seems to be working now. I’ll try using it and see how it goes. Thanks again!

Glad that we could be of a help :slight_smile:

Hello!

The old problem has appeared again, on “Videos” page. I’m seeing this error message:

"The preview was unresponsive after loading. This is most often related to a plugin conflict or aggressive page cacheing.

Origin URL: http://beta.zoukdanceacademy.com

Preview URL: http://beta.zoukdanceacademy.com/videos/"

Cheers!
Jean

Hi Jean,

I would like to check but I am getting this message trying to login to your site.

Can you disable it for a while so we can check.

Thanks

It will lock you out if you submit any information incorrectly twice.

I’ve changed that. Please try again.

Hi,

I tried editing your video page and it seems to work on my end.

May I know what browser are you using to edit your site.

You can try adding the code below in your wp-config.php located at the root directory of your site.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You may add it before this line

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Hope that helps.

Just tried it and it works now.

I’ll keep an eye on this problem. Thank you! I’m using Chrome. Do you recommend using another browser?

Hi there,

Glad that it is working now. The Chrome actually is a great browser to work with.I just suggest that you clear the browser cache every now and then to make sure you see the latest version of the [age while editing.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.