Malicious content in Cornerstone code

I just received an email from hostgator mentioning that the file wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist-app/js/cs-vendor.js is infected with malware; as a result of which some of my outbound ports are blocked. The file wp-content/themes/x/framework/plugins/cornerstone.zip is also listed as infected.

Not sure how to proceed from here. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! We have already reported this notifications to our developers for further review.

For the time being this seems to be false positive, but will provide more information once we get an update from our developers.

Thanks!

Hi there,

That file contains all of the javascript dependencies needed for Cornerstone’s Ember.js application. It’s not dangerous. It does have some advanced data manipulation libraries, including client side base64 encoding/decoding. I can only assume that similar technology may be used in malicious software, which could be triggering the false positive… I’ve reached out to ClamXAV to add the file to their whitelist.

Perfect, awaiting more information on this from developers.

I contacted my hosting provider (hostgator.in). They told me to download the file, scan the same for virus and clean/quarantine them and re-upload which is practically absurd because the files do not contain any malware in the first place.

Tried uploading the file to Just Host, GoDaddy, Namecheap, Bluehost, and even HostGator.com - was able to upload the file without any problem.

Hi There,

As mentioned above, it’s a false positive alarm. We have already contacted ClamXAV to white-list this and it should resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.