Can't install extensions

Updated X to 6.04 - but now I canā€™t install any extensions (i.e. revolution slider). No message or anything, just nothing happens when I click install :frowning:

Iā€™m using Wp 4.9.6 and PHP.7

Whatā€™s up?

Hello @llyrbermo,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please make sure that you have updated Cornerstone to version 3.0.4. Please try to revoke validation from X > Validation > Revoke validation and then revalidate again from X > Validation by entering the purchase code. After that try again to install Revolution slider and other extensions.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Thanks for the prompt reply,
Hmm - this is weird.

I was already running cornerstone at 3.0.4

Iā€™ve tried clicking on Revoke Validation, but all that does is ad a # at the end of the url

Iā€™ve Deactivated all plugins - in case these were causing the problem, but the problem persists. Tried different browsers as well, in case itā€™s a cache thing,

Ahh - just checked other sites Iā€™m running X on ( I have several Licenses) - All are behaving in the same manner, even ones I havenā€™t updated yet ( checked on one running X- 4.6.2, and another X-5.2.4 )

Sooooo, server side thingy (excuse the less than technical terminology!)

Any further suggestions?

Thanks

Hello @llyrbermo,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Well thatā€™s really unusual that revoke validation link is not working on all of your validated websites. Can you please share some login details in a secure note for us to take a closer look? Also can you please give us to the permission to troubleshoot the problem? We may have to perform some tests on the website which may effect the performance, appearance, layout and functioning of website temporarily.

Thanks.

Thanks Prasant
Secure note on itā€™s way :slight_smile:

Hello There,

I have logged in and check your site. There is a JS error on the X > Validation > Extensions page. Please re install the theme manually. See ā€œManual updatesā€ from this knowledge base article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Or you can log in to your ftp and browser the themes folder wp-content/themes/.

• Please create a new new_x folder
  • Download a fresh copy from your dashboard (https://theme.co/apex/dashboard)
  • Unzip it and upload all the files in new_x folder
  • Rename x folder (wp-content/themes/x/) into old_x (wp-content/themes/old_x/)
  • Rename new_x(wp-content/themes/new_x/) into just x (wp-content/themes/x/) folder.

Please test your site and install the desired bundled plugin.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, i followed these steps, but it had no effect.

Also, as noted in my second message, this is affecting all my X theme built sites - so is my hosting/server doing something to cause the JS error?

If so - what should I ask them to do>

Thanks

Hi @llyrbermo,

Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials too? Iā€™ll try re-installing your theme through that. The javascript error is still there.

And as a recommendation, you can install your plugins through FTP too.

Thanks!

OK - Including this info in case others have same problem now or in future, and hoping it can be resolved and an answer placed here.
Iā€™ve installed a fresh WP 4.9.6 for a different domain to the one noted above (-details in Secure Note) -
Iā€™ve installed a fresh X Theme installation 6.0.4
No other plugins - no modifications

But the issueā€™s still there on the validation/extensions page.

FTP login credentials for this new site included in the secure note.

LlÅ·r

Hey @llyrbermo,

It looks like something in your host is causing the issue. I tried to replicate this in my test site and thereā€™s no issue installing the bundled plugins in a multisite install. If it worked previously, there must be something that changed in your host. I tried going to this URL (wp-admin/admin.php?page=x-addons-extensions&force-check=1) in your domain as suggested in our troubleshooting connection issues article and I get this:

Please contact your host and ask what did they update in their server and also include the message in the Contact your host section in our troubleshooting connection issues article.

Thanks.

Still no joy - hereā€™s the reply

Hello

I have had a look and sorry, I couldnt find anything more. I did the issue where clicking Install on the extensions does nothing.
I notice the error mentioned about Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ā€˜undefinedā€™ of undefined
at s (x-addons-home.min.js?ver=6.0.4:1)

appears as soon as we visit the validation page, and not others. I also tried changing PHP version, made sure the rights exist. Also, checked the parameters they shared and ensured server can connect to community.theme.co.
Im not sure what else to check hosting side, but there havent been changes. I did do a google and see other users reporting similar to the theme support forum, but didnt find anything I could use.

Best Regards
Steven

What am I to do now?

Hi there,

Iā€™m troubleshooting it and none is taking effect, then I checked the installed plugin through FTP and compared to your active plugin in the admin and itā€™s not the same. Maybe your provided FTP is wrong, itā€™s for different site.

Thanks!

Hi Rad
Sorry for the confusion, but as I noted

Iā€™ve installed a fresh WP 4.9.6 for a different domain to the one noted above (-details in Secure Note) -
Iā€™ve installed a fresh X Theme installation 6.0.4
No other plugins - no modifications

But the issueā€™s still there on the validation/extensions page.

FTP login credentials for this new site included in the secure note.

LlÅ·r

I did this to keep things as simple as possible (so I thought) - The issue described in first post is the same on this other site.

so please check the fault on the llyrbermo.co.uk site

Thanks

LlÅ·r

Hello LlÅ·r,

Thanks for updating the thread.

As the effected sites are on multisite, to narrow down the problem I request you please setup the website on same server without multisite. Please let us know when itā€™s done.

Thanks.

Hi, I hope Iā€™ve understood you correctly.

Iā€™ve set up a fresh installation (single site not multisite) using the same domain,
llyrbermo.co.uk

(not the **orielbrondanw.org** domain , seeing as I've posted credentials for two different domains in two different secure notes, I don't want to confuse you!)

The llyrbermo.co.uk WP login and FTP credentials remain the same as noted earlier.

Thanks

LlÅ·r

Hi LlÅ·r,

I have used your fresh installation to isolate this issue. Basically I have tried re-installing X theme and Cornerstone, I have reset the database using a WP Advanced Reset plugin and start over but it did not resolve the original issue.

I see PHP cURL extension is enabled on your server. However it seems that either your firewall is blocking connection to theme.co or you may have to check mod rewrite rules.

You may have to contact your hosting provider to resole this issue.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi, just to let you know - and anyone thatā€™s experienced the same problem - it was sorted by the hosting this afternoon.

They said it WAS a server side issue (in the end!)

I asked what was causing it - the reply:

It was related to a WAF outbound firewall.

So there you go.

Thanks everyone for trying to solve it, and helping me go to the hosting providers with the best information.

:thumbsup:

Thanks @llyrbermo for updating the thread and sharing the solution.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.