Can't delete element or section in X theme

Hi there,

I tried updating my website (using the X theme) for the first time in awhile today, and noticed that when I tried to delete an element or section in Cornerstone, I would click on Yep, but nothing would happen. I clicked on Nope and nothing still happened. I eventually had to click Back on my browser.

I thought maybe the problem was using Mozilla, so I tried with Chrome, but same problem.

I found this old thread about it: https://theme.co/apex/forums/topic/i-can-not-delete-sectionelement-with-cornerstone-site-just-hangs/page/5/

I updated the theme to the latest version (5.1.0), but it’s still not working. I cleared my Cache several times as well.

I saw the following instructions in that archived thread, but I don’t see where I can revoke my validation?:

"Please do the following:
1] Please go to X Addons > Home and revoke the validation.
2] Please login to your account and revoke the license. https://theme.co/apex/my-account/
3] After you have revoke the license, you need to re assign the license again to your site using this url: [link removed since I can only include 2 links]. You have to make sure that url you just assign is the same as the one you have in your settings, Settings > General > Site Address
4] Go back to X Addons > Home again, and insert the license again.

If still doesn’t work, please update Cornerstone manually by uploading it to ftp. Please check our our knowledge base to know how:

Hope it helps

Joao"

I am not the most advanced, so I haven’t tried anything to do with the FTP (to be honest, I don’t really know what that is!) so if there is a simple solution, that would be great!

Thanks for your help,

Pam

Hi @Pamm_Jamm,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes, manually updating is quite overwhelming at first however if you have got it already it will be very easy on your next one. It’s like you copy pasting a file from your pc to another.

For updating guide, check the link below.

Hope it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi Nico,

I was able to figure out how to update the theme through an FTP (Filezilla). But, it didn’t fix the problem. I still can’t delete any elements. When I click Yep or Nope, nothing happens.

Thanks,

Pam

Hi Pam,

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Ah! That worked, thank you! I only have 3 plugins - Akismet Anti-Spam, Contact Form 7 and Cornerstone. I saw that the Contact Form and Cornerstone needed to be updated, so I updated them both and it now works.

Thanks again,

Pam

We’re delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.