Cannot upgrade theme from X (version 4.5.2) to Pro

Please help.
I have opted to use the free upgrade to the Pro theme and have taken the necessary steps within Themeco to do this. I have also downloaded the Pro files, converted them to a .zip file and am trying to install them in my wordpress site. Firstly, it says that the “styling .css sheet” i s missing. Then, if it does install, the whole site (on every page) is completely blank and white. I have tried clearing the caches, but it appears the same on both safari and chrome.
I have restored the site to the previous version 0 now running again with version 4.5.2 of x-theme.
Could I have help please?

Hi Sally,

Thanks for writing in.
If you download the Pro theme its already zipped version, no need to zip it again. That’s why it’s showing you missing a style.css file.

Please remove the Pro folder completely and reinstall it. After that install Pro, and disable the cornerstone in Dashboard-> Plugins.

Please check install guide for help.

In case the issue persists, would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Hi
Thank you for the advice above… I still can’t get this upgrade to pro to work. I am now (for the third time) staring at a completely blank white screen for every page on my website after installing the pro theme after following your instructions. I am(for the third time) having to go back to my website hosts and ask them to restore the website to the last back up. Thank goodness they have this facility!
Please could you take this forward for me?
I’d like to send you all my login details. How do I do this privately?

Hi Sally,

If you’re getting a blank screen, most probably you’re getting a PHP fatal error. You need to enable WP_DEBUG mode by following this guide (https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG) and then revisit your page to see your PHP errors.

One most common issue is that you don’t need Cornerstone plugin in Pro. If the Cornerstone plugin is activated, it will throw a PHP fatal error. So you need to delete the Cornerstone folder which is under (/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone), when you have installed Pro.

Also check the PHP version running on your server and make sure that you have PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid any incompatibility issues.

To submit your WordPress login credentials, please refer to secure notes section here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288). Basically you need to click on the Secure Note link below your posts, to submit those information.

Thanks!

Hi
I’ve sent you the secure note with all login details. Could you help?

Hi There,

Can you please confirm if the setup detrails you have sent for a staging site? If anything happened we should be on the safer side.
I can see the X the very older version, can you first update the X and then upload Pro.
I can’t perform the action without your confirmation to avoid damage to your site.

Please confirm so that we can try in our end.

Thanks

This is for a staging site - correct

Hi Sally,

I went ahead and installed Pro theme in your installation.

What happened is, the cornerstone stays active while you activate the Pro theme and it creates conflict since Pro has built-in cornerstone.

And deactivating the cache plugin is the first step. Please check it now.

Thanks!

WoW! Thanks for you help! I really appreciate it!

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

Hi - I’ve been working further on my site and I see that the cornerstone plugin is still there and activated. When I deactivate cornerstone - the site doesn’t work?? I thought you said that you don’t need the cornerstone plugin for Pro?

Hi There,

Upon checking your website, I could see that you’re still using the X child theme so deactivated the cornerstone - your site wouldn’t work.

I’ve installed the Pro child theme and also activated it for you.

Could you please take a look?

Regards!

That’s perfect! Thank you so much

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.