Cannot Edit Site Pages with Pro Editor (or any editor it seems)

Hi, I have inherited out Wordpress site, running Themeco - Pro Theme, from our previous Webmaster. Whenever I try to “Edit with Pro” I just get a perpetually spinning loader. The site address is https://sensiblemicro.com. Any support greatly appreciated, as I need to make some edits to our site / pages.

Things I have tried:

• Confirmed that the .htaccess and php.ini have max memory set to 512MB
  • Disabled All Plugins and tried to edit, same result
  • Tried Edit from wordpress Menu
  • Tried Edit with Pro form the Pro menu.
  • Removing from Cloudflare DNS
  • Purged cloudflare cache

Thanks,

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Please make sure following:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.
  3. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi @smenavto,

Would you mind providing your CloudFlare login credentials as well? I see your pages and resources are still served from CF.

Thanks!

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the CF credentials, I have Purge its cache and put it in Development Mode, but it did not resolve the issue, please keep that in Development Mode for a while.

I read that you already tried to Disabled All Plugins, but please try to deactivate all your plugins again and see if that resolves the issue.

Also, try to downgrade your PHP version to 7.1 or 7.0. You can contact your hosting regarding this matter,

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

I have disabled all plugins, purged cloudflare cache, and tried again, still cannot edit any pages.

Next I disabled cloudflare for that domain, and after confirming the IP Address changed to my actual host, I tried again, all plugins still disabled, and still cannot edit.

I’ve since re-enabled cloudflare for the domain and all plugins, since neither resolved the issue.

I then changed PHP version to 7.1, issue persists.

I then changed PHP version to 7.0, issue persists.

At this point I need to update my pages but have no way to do so. Please advise as to any next steps, or if there is a workaround so I can at lease edit pages.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I can understand that experience can be frustrating when things are not working as they are supposed too. To check things further can you please copy the website to a staging server and give us the permission to do troubleshooting over there? Right now website is live and we are not allowed to fiddle with customer website without taking permission.

Please copy the website on staging server and kindly give us the WordPress admin and FTP login details in secure note

https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

Thanks.

Hello, I’ve updated the secure notes with the staging server access. While the front-end doesn’t seem to work, you can access the wp-admin back-end. And from there, you can go to pages, then click “edit with pro” to reproduce the issue.
Please take a look and keep me posted if you need anything else.

Many Thanks,

Kevin Till

Hi Kevin,

I checked and did a series of test but could not find what is causing the issue.

To further check, please provide us your FTP Login in Secure Note

Thanks

Sure thing, added FTP details to the secure note.

Hello @smenavto,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Can you please confirm the FTP details as I am getting following error message Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity. Error: Could not connect to server.

Thanks.

Confirmed it works. Can you tell me which IP address you are coming from? Maybe it’s banned. See my secure note.

Hi There,

Thanks for the credentials, like Paul, I did a series of test but sorry I could not find what is causing the issue.

One thing I was not able to test though, how is this ChatBot widget added to your entire site?

I’d look where was that added but could not find it, would mind deactivating that for a while and see if that resolves the issue?

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

The chat bot is “UserLike” and it was being served as a clouldflare app. I have uninstalled it completely from Cloudflare and will leave it off for you, though the problem seems to persist without it. Please advise on how I can resolve this. Is there any temporary workaround to editing a page on my site while this problem persists? I am very anxious to get this resolved.

Thank you,

Kevin

Hi There,

Upon checking your staging website, I could see that the JS files are still loading over the CloudFlare server:

Could you please try disabling the Auto Minfy option?

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the reply, you may be on to something here.

I checked Cloudflare, and the boxes for auto-minify were not ticked:

Which makes me wonder why / how CF is serving scripts at all? Any ideas of other places I should check to see why this is happening?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I have check it again and all your theme resources is now being loaded directly from your server and no longer from CF. As of this moment, I could still not able to edit any page. Your memory limit has already been set to 512MB and still nothing is working. Could you please re install Pro Theme? You can do it by using the steps in doing a manual updates. You can download the fresh copy of Pro theme from your dashboard (https://theme.co/apex/dashboard).

See “Manual Updates” section from this article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62

Please let us know how it goes.

On the staging site, I did a manual update by setting them to a default, deleting “Pro”, then downloading Pro from my dashboard, then re-uploading, and finally reactivating Pro. Same issue still persists. Please advise.

Hi Kevin,

Since staging is no longer available then I can’t disable other setup. Perhaps we could try this?

1. Turn your site back to HTTP (instead of HTTPS).

2. Completely disable CloudFlare (no CF DNS)

We could try this in staging (a real and separate copy of your live site) instead of a copy residing on your original site. I like to test it without anything, I can’t find any from your live site. I couldn’t confirm what’s on CF too since the credentials are removed. Please leave that setup and credentials while we’re troubleshooting it.

Thanks!

Sure thing. Give me 1-2 days, and I should have this environment setup for you. I’ll reply when it’s all set.

Hello Kevin,

Sure, please post the details over here for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.