Cannot edit in Cornerstone or in WP

I am trying to do some work on my home page, but I cannot open it in Cornerstone or in the regular Wordpress editor, either. I also cannot create new pages. I can edit and open other pages, just not the home page. Cornerstone will open, but the page preview is non-responsive. The WP edit page screen opens completely blank. Not sure what’s going on…

Hello Jeffrey,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked the your licence page and as the issue involves Cornerstone, I further checked the X Theme website URLs. I can see that one of the website is not using any on our products. Another one is using latest version of X Theme and Cornerstone. However, I noticed that one website is using fairly old version of X Theme and Cornerstone which might cause issues while editing pages using Cornerstone. Can you please let us know the website that you are facing issues?

In the meantime, please try out following solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Jeffrey,

I see that you’re using the latest version of X theme and Cornerstone plugin. Upon further checking your site, I also see that you’re using CloudFlare on your site, which is often creates caching related issues specially after an update.

Please login into your CloudFlare account purge your CloudFlare cache first. Also head over to the Speed tab of your CloudFlare account and then disable and CSS/JavaScript minifications (if you have enabled it) and clear CloudFlare cache again. Then also make sure to purge all caches of your site and re-test your issue again. You can follow this resource if required (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/).

If you’re still having issues, provide us with your WordPress login credentials in a secure note to investigate your issue further.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hello Jeffrey,

Thanks for updating the thread.

To me it looks like a cache and plugin conflict issue. I first saved the home page layout as template and then testing on my local setup by importing the same. And it worked absolutely fine. I then turned my attention towards clearing cache and disabling all plugins other then Cornerstone. Upon clearing cache and deactivating all plugins, home page is loading and working fine. I can also edit the changes and same is getting reflected on front end too.

Please see screencast in secure note. I have now reactivated all the plugins that were in active state.

Thanks.

Hey Jeff,

You’re using X – Email Forms (MailChimp) which is already discontinued. Please uninstall it and go to X > Validation to install the new version. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/extension-email-forms/82

Always ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

Thanks.

Based on the update you have posted in secure note on 13th March, we are glad to hear that issue is resolved now. :slight_smile: