Cannot edit existing content on cornerstone

Hi!

I’m currently using cornerstone but I face a problem whenever I try to edit the text in corner it doesn’t show as an edit and it doesn’t save.

Really need your assistance please

Cheers,
Ian

Hi Ian,

Thank you for writing in, please update your PRO to the latest version (1.2.7).

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If updating does not resolve the issue, please re-set these images.

These images are requested from a non-secure protocol (http://)

If nothing works, please provide us login credentials in a “secure note” so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Sure, I’ve provided you the details in the secure note :slight_smile:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the given login information is not working for us. WOuld you please kindly double check?

Also kindly get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting guides below:

Thank you.

Apologies, I’ve fixed it, you can access it now through here.

Hey Ian,

I logged in to your site and opened your about page in Cornerstone and it works. At first, I added an exclamation point after your headline. Then, I removed it. Editing and saving works (see Secure Note).

Can you give us a screen recording so we could see what’s happening on your end?

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Please find my recording here. It’ll show the problem that I’m facing, thanks!

Hi There,

Thank you for the clip, yes I can see the issue. Your site is under CloudFlare, would you mind doing the guide provided here.

Then increasing the PHP Memory Limit to 512M

If the issue persists please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi,

I’ve done the steps, my cloudflare does not minify my js or css files but I do have w3 total cache that does so.

I’ve disabled it and my php memory limit is already 512M.

I still have the problem however.

Thanks!

Hi there,

There is a javascript error originating from Wordpress’s tinymce library. Disabling the cache plugin won’t do anything. Perhaps you can provide your CF login credentials as well? I like to check your page rules too.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Sure, no problem! It’s in this secure note :slight_smile:

Hello There,

We have logged in. Regretfully we are ask to enter the Authentication Token which we do not have.

Could you please disable the two factor authentication so that we can log in? Meanwhile, please ensure that you are using the recommend CloudFlare settings. You can find it here:
https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

The minify option for JS and CSS in CloudFlare > Speed tab must be disabled.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi RueNel,

Apologies, I can’t seem to disable that. It looks like it sent that because you login from an unknown ip. I’ve attached the token here. By the way, I’ve disabled the minify options already before this.

Hi There,

Thank you but that pin code did not work (it might have been expired). I know I provided you an instruction above regarding CloudFlare, but there is one more thing. Would you mind turning off the Rocket Loader? That is under the Speed tab.

Cheers,

Hi Friech,

Rocket Loader was already off though.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Ian

I saw that you’re trying to login. The code is in the note.

Hi there,

Would you mind providing the screenshot of your page rules too? Please check the secure note for proper rule

Those rules should have bypass cache level and disable performance setting.

Make sure to purge your CF cache for every change you made in your CF settings.

Thanks!

Hi there, I did the following but now my cornerstone cannot work.

Hi there,

This is more likely due to HTTPS configuration. You use CF Always use HTTPS rule but you never configured your Wordpress URL to use HTTPS. That means, internal URLs are still using HTTP. I went ahead and change your URL in Admin > Settings > General.

I can now edit your page in the cornerstone. As a recommendation, you may disable your cache plugin since the caching and optimization is already done in CF. It’s like letting your CF cache your site which is already cached by your plugin. Purging your plugin cache will not purge your CF cache, so do purging your CF cache will not purge your plugin cache and that causes lot of issues.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Thanks for this! Although my initial problem of being unable to edit my text is still there though. Is it happening for you too? I’ve added the video link to the problem again in the secure note