Can I spread my menu horizontally (20 menu items)?

20 menu items is a bit much I know but I am testing it out, my menus are fixed to the left and I want the sub menus to have 10 to the right when they open, then 10 more to the right of that (instead of just 20 in a row) so it is basically a box of submenu items. Can I do this?

Hi There,

Please take a look on the mega menu feature offered by X

Hope it helps!

Exactly what I was looking for other than its not displaying right (pic attached)… Any help here?

Also just so I dont plug up the forum, where is the “main” spot to change css for the whole site? I found 2 different areas and want to use the one that was intended for this.

By the way thanks for the quick response, amazing support

Hi again,

Can you please share the URL of your site so we can take a look?

Thanks!

http://www.americancushionfactory.com/

Hello There,

This is the order or hierarchy of the styles being applied for the site.

Stack style (theme's stack style)
Child theme style
WordPress Additional CSS
Theme Option Settings
Theme options's custom css
Cornerstone page custom css

I can see that you added a custom css in WordPress’s Additional CSS. It will not take effect because it is being overridden with the theme setting’s Typography section.

h1 {
  color: hsl(44, 81%, 44%);
  font-size: 190%;
}

.desktop .sub-menu {

}	

We always recommend that you add your custom css in the X > Launch > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r) or in the customizer, Appearance > Customize > Custom > Edit GLOBAL CSS

Hope this helps.

Got it that is probably the issue. Ok last question… I deleted that code (I put it early on to mess with some stuff) but it still applying it I think, cant seem to figure it out, does the css edit the main files too by chance with your theme? Can you check from your end if its something else now

Hello There,

The code is no longer applied in your site. Maybe you are just experiencing a caching issues. Please clear your browser cache or use private browsing mode and test your site again.

Please let us know how it goes.

If I take away the x-megamenu col-3 from my menu the font goes back to smaller font, if I add it again the font is large again (making the megamenu not work like the screenshot above), any ideas? Thanks again for the great support

Hello There,

The mega menu setup up is best to have if your menu is static on top or fixed top. It will have problems such as what you are having now when the menu is fixed left or fixed right. I would recommend that you use Ubermenu instead. You can install this by going to X > Overview > Extensions. To know more about this plugin and how we have integrated this plugin in the theme, please check this out:

With ubermenu, you can easily create the submenu menu items in columns both horizontal or vertical.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.