Can I add a bow/window/background specifically to the header & content of my Archive pages?

Hello,

I’ve been able to change the background of my archive pages but i want to place the header and content in a white box (similar to how a page does) as at the moment my background coulor washes out the text.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Hello Jack,

Thanks for writing in!

Do you want something like?
https://image.prntscr.com/image/KCPLIHLPQ-ih6uSSLjNMGw.png

If that is the case, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

header.masthead.masthead-inline {
    max-width: 88%;
    margin: 40px auto;
}

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Thanks for your reply

for example, when i click into a post, the side bar and recent posts below are transparent so get washed out.

So ideally i would like this background layer to be added behind the content of the archive and post pages…

Also, i’ve noticed a blank pop out with a red x appears in the bottom left hand corner. Could you direct me to the settings for this?

Thanks,

Jack

Hi there,

You can use the CSS code below to add a background to the main container. Add the code to X > Theme Options > CSS:

.single #top .x-container,
.archive #top .x-container {
    background-color: white;
    padding: 25px;
}
  1. I have found the proper CSS code selector using the Chrome browser Developer Toolbar.
  2. For the CSS code itself, I suggest that you get started with this tutorial.

The red cross icon that you see is because of an empty pop-up at the left bottom of your website which is added by the Content Dock plugin.

Please go to X > Content Dock to disable or change the settings of that plugin.

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.