Broken X-Theme

Hi,

I am getting following message on Appearance --> Theme page.
Currently, I am using x-child theme

Broken Themes
The following themes are installed but incomplete.

Name Description
x-child Template is missing.
Standalone themes need to have a index.php template file.
Child themes need to have a Template header in the style.css stylesheet.

Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

Thank you for writing in, I see that your license is for PRO, so if you’re really using a PRO theme, please install a pro-child theme, you can download it here. You’re seeing that error because now the x-child can not see the parent X theme, if this is a case then its safe to delete that x-child theme via FTP.

Now if you’re using X theme and get that error, then that means you rename the theme or the folder of the x theme to something else. Please rename it back via FTP or cPanel File Manager.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hi, I am using X theme’s child.
I did not rename the theme or the folder of x theme.
How can i check that name of folder/ rename the folder. Please guide.

Hello @ShahzadArif,

If you are using X Child’s theme, then make sure that the X theme is also installed in your site. To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Sure. you can check it here.

Hello @ShahzadArif,

I have successfully logged in and checked your site. It looks like that you have renamed the x-child to x-child-old. And also there is an empty folder named as x-child. The error is referring to this empty folder. Simply logged in to your FTP and browse to the themes folder wp-content/themes/ and delete this empty folder.

Please let us know if this works out for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.