Blog roll and posts

Hi we’ve decided we want a blog on our site. I’ve created the page but am I right that you can’t edit the header and footer in posts or the blog page? I have to add custom code in my child theme? Seems a bit off for a theme that is otherwise extremely customisable.

Hi @Gigcoyle,

Actually, you simply need to go to WordPress Dashboard > Reading and set the page in question as your main blog page.

Then you can go to Pro > Headers and add a new header and set that header to the page in question with no problem.

kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case if you still have problems.

Thank you.

Hi, I tried that but when I clicked on the header etc it wouldn’t select anything, or show that there was anything already applied to the page. I’ll try again later.

On the same subject, how do I edit the post template?

Hey @Gigcoyle,

There are no templates for posts unlike pages. That is WordPress’ default. If you mean editing the post template by template modification, that would need custom development which is outside the scope of our support. But, here’s our customization guide to help you get started.

There’s also post formats you can use if you have a different post content. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/meta-options-posts/143

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.