Audio post > no extract by default, can we add this back in?

Hi, this is on Renew theme … my default, no extract is showing for these posts on Blog Home or Category archive pages, but it does for all the others post types so I would like them to be the same… is it possible to add this back in, please?

Thx so much.

Hello @kirk74,

Thanks for writing in!

Please note that this will require changes into theme files which falls outside the scope of support we can offer. However, to help you get started I will point you in right direction.

Before making any changes please make sure to setup child theme. You can use following resources to download and setup child theme.

Download Child theme from following source: https://theme.co/apex/child-themes

Please take a look at following article to setup child theme:

After that, please copy the file content-audio.php from /wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/renew/ to your child theme’s folder /wp-content/themes/x-child/framework/views/renew/ and replace the code with following:

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/RENEW/CONTENT-AUDIO.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Audio post output for Renew.
// =============================================================================

?>

<article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>
  <div class="entry-wrap">
    <?php x_get_view( 'renew', '_content', 'post-header' ); ?>
    <?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) : ?>
    <div class="entry-featured">
      <div class="entry-thumb">
        <?php echo get_the_post_thumbnail( get_the_ID(), 'entry-full-renew', NULL ); ?>
      </div>
      <?php x_featured_audio(); ?>
    </div>
    <?php else : ?>
    <div class="entry-featured">
      <?php x_featured_audio(); ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if ( !is_single() ): ?>
      <div class="entry-content excerpt">
        <p><?php the_excerpt(); ?></p>
      </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php if ( is_single() ) : ?>
      <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_content', 'the-content' ); ?>
      <?php x_get_view( 'renew', '_content', 'post-footer' ); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
  </div>
</article>

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.