After Update, Footer moved to side

Hi there,
I just updated http://www.keliiskayak.com/ to the newest version (from a very old version) and I moved my footer file into the Legacy area of Framework, and thought we’d be good to go. But… the footer, which is supposed to be at the bottom of the page, now appears along the right side of the page. Could you please help trouble-shoot? I did clear all caches.

Hi there,

That seems to be a problem of a Cache plugin or the wrong minification of the theme assets as the theme assets are already minified and having them minified again can cause layout issues. I suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  3. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  4. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the options or Child Theme and test the case.

Thank you.

Hi,

I’ve tried all four steps and the sidebar is still to the right.

Hi, I noticed I still had the old files in the Framework folder. Once I got rid of those the footer obliged and now sits at the bottom where it belongs. All is well. Thanks!

You mentioned I don’t need to minify. I have two plugins that perhaps I don’t need. What do you think? They are W3 Total Cache and Autoptimize. I am guessing I don’t need Autoptimize, but what about W3 Total Cache? Or… even WP-Optimize.

Hi,

You may leave W3 Total Cache active then follow settings on the link below

Hope that helps.

Wow… super informative! Thank you so much! This helps a lot.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.