Adding Google Font

Hi!

I am not able to find a Google Font “Solway” in the selection.

I have tried to use this instruction: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/google-font-selector-in-text-editor/1594/2

I am using Child theme (X), but instructions says: “Then paste that @import line statement on top of your child theme’s style.css file”

I can not find that? Where I need to add this?

I will use the font through the site and this seems very “old fashioned” that I need to change the font always when adding the text with the “customize” section. Is that like that or is there easier way?

Hi Anni,

Unfortunately, there is no way that you can use that Google Font like the traditional options of the theme. This is something that should be added by our development team.

I added this as a feature request to our issue tracker.

Thank you.

Thank you. Can you help me with the question?

Hey Anni,

That suggestion is outdated. You still need to download the font but you will need to use the Font Manager to integrate it in Theme Options and Cornerstone.

Because some servers restrict some file type uploads, you might need to follow the solutions in either of the threads below:

Hope that helps.

HI!

No I don´t understand which part of the istrucions I need to follow. I have been using Font Manager, but still I don’t know who to add the new font. What part I need to copy from Google Font site. I only can find this info about the font:

@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Solway&display=swap');

font-family: ‘Solway’, serif;

Of if I download the font, the tiles are ttf files.

I really don’t understand the Font Manager. If I try to upload the ttf files to Media Gallery, it says can not do because of the security issues. I am sorry, I am not a coder, so this seems to be too hard. Any ideas how I can get this work?

Hey Anni,

Regarding this:

Please forget about that as I have said:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding this:

Please read my previous response completely. I mentioned this:

Once you have uploaded the custom font (Google Font in this case) successfully, you will be able to use the Font Manager.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Except for this, none of the provided links in my previous reply requires custom coding. Please read them completely.

Thanks.

This started to be too hard, so I installed plug-in and did it with this instruction:

It was done in five minutes :slight_smile:

Hey Anni,

That won’t show up in the Font Manager but I respect your choice. If that is easier for you, go for it. I’m glad that you’ve found the solution that’s right for you now.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.