Adding a link to a classic feature box

Hello

Apologies in advance for what I suspect is a stupid question… I’m trying to follow the instructions in this previous post to add a link to a classic feature box:

I understand that I would need to add my own new ID in place of the text “#linked-feature-box”, but where in the following JS code do I add the link to the page I want to link to?

jQuery ( function( $ ) {

$(’#linked-feature-box .x-feature-box-text a:last-child’).each( function() {
$( this ).parent().parent().parent().find(’.x-feature-box-graphic-inner img’).wrap( ‘’ );
$( this ).remove();
} );

} );

Thanks!
Mimi

Hey Mimi,

Just add your URL in the HREF field. Make sure you add a link text also because the code needs it.

This is an old snippet though. And, it has a side effect where the link text shows up then disappears.

You might want to use the Button element instead. Here’s a quick setup demo. Here’s the Button element documentation.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Christian

Do I keep the # in front of the link text (so, e.g., #https:// )?

Hi Christian

I’ve done this and have managed to get the text underneath the feature box icon and header to link (thank you!), but I was hoping for an option that would link the entire feature box - is that possible? Failing that, is there a way to add in a similar link for the feature box title (but without it changing to the hyperlink colour as that’s bright blue and I’d like the headline to stay black)?

Thanks
Mimi

Both requests are technically possible but that would require additional custom development which is outside the scope of our support. Please use the button element instead.

Thanks.

Ok - thanks Christian

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.