Add to cart not working on galaxy phones

Hey,
I can not get anything to add to cart on my galaxy phone. All it says is cart is empty. It says that twice. Outdoordogsupply.com

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! Before anything else, please update X theme to the latest version first.

X 5.1.1 is now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/). After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

After updating everything, please clear your phone’s mobile browse cache or use private browsing mode and test your site again.

Please let us know how it goes.

How do I up date the theme when using a child theme?

Hello @odsadmin,

Updating theme when using child theme shouldn’t be an issue. I would recommend you to please walk-through our theme and plugin update guide:

Thanks.

So we updates it and it is still not adding to the cart on the galaxy phone.

Hi there,

Would you please kindly give us the browser name you are using and which galaxy model you use?

Also please make sure that you disable the cache and minify plugin as we already do that in our theme and it may cause problems to have the assets minified again.

And at last please change the theme from X to other one and see if the process goes ok or not.

Kindly get back to us with the result of the tests to be able to follow up the case for you.

Thank you.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy 6 and the browser is Google Chrome.

We cleared the cache on phone and it is still happening. We have another website outdoorgarminsupply.com that we are using the same theme on and it is doing the same thing. The website outdoorgarminsupply.com dose not have the same plugins so that make me believe it is the theme. We have tried it on a newer Samsung phone also using chrome and it worked fine its just the Galaxy 6.

As far as changing the theme I am scared to do this because the site is live and I can’t afford for the site to go down are get messed up when I do that.

Hi there,

Would you mind providing a video recording? I like to see how you’re adding it, I can add the product to the card on my end. Are you adding them directly with the thumbnail’s add cart button? Because it’s not gonna work for products that have options.

Thanks!

I add the video to youtube hope this works. See how it is not showing in the cart. Also could you tell me how to edit that button Return to Shop. I need it to go to the home page are somewhere else.

Hi there,

That’s weird, it’s not happening on my end, I can add products to the cart. Perhaps the issue is with your device browser and it doesn’t allow cookies. Please check this https://help.overdrive.com/customer/portal/articles/1481678

As for your second question, please add this code to your child theme’s functions.php with your preferred URL destination

function x_continue_shopping_redirect_url ( $url ) {
	return "https://www.example.com/oops-get-going/"; // Add your link here
}
add_filter('woocommerce_continue_shopping_redirect', 'x_continue_shopping_redirect_url');

Hope this helps.

Ok. That link you sent helped. Thank you so much. Would there be a way we can change the message your cart is empty and add If your cookies are turned off your items will not appear in your cart. Please turn them on.

Hi there,

That is possible with the standard way of theme translation. Please kindly follow the same steps you would follow to translate the theme as below but instead of the translation change the wording to what you want to have:

Thank you.

Hey. So I’m not sure if I need to do all of this. All I need is to change this

Your cart is currently empty.

Return to shop

to this:

Your cart is currently empty. If your cookies are turned off your items will not appear in your cart. Please turn them on.

Return to shop

Is there away to do this that is easier?

Hi,

To achieve that, you can add the code below in your child theme’s functions.php file.

add_filter( 'wc_empty_cart_message', 'custom_wc_empty_cart_message' );

function custom_wc_empty_cart_message() {
  return 'Your cart is currently empty. If your cookies are turned off your items will not appear in your cart. Please turn them on.';
}

Awesome!! That worked great. Now is there away to change the button “Return to Shop” on that same page and have it go to the Home Page?

Hi again,

You can add the following jQuery script in your Customizer via Appearance > Customize > Custom > Edit Global Javascript

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
	$('.woocommerce-cart .return-to-shop a').html('Return to home').attr('href', 'https://outdoordogsupply.com/')
});

Don’t forget to clear your browser’s cache after adding the code. Let us know how this goes!

Awesome!! Thank you.

Glad we could help :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Hi there,

You’ve withdrawn your post, do let us know if you need any assistance.

Thanks!