Add link trigger popup to navigation menu item

I have literally scoured Google today trying to figure this out! I use ConvertKit as my email service with Wordpress and (obviously) X the theme.

I have created a free resource library page (in primary menu) with passcode protection. What I want is to add a trigger link to the menu navigation bar so when someone clicks on “Free Library” they trigger an opt-in modal to capture emails. Once I have their email they will get the passcode.

Does this make sense? I cannot figure out how to make this happen!!

oops. that screen shot didn’t show the menu item “free library”

Hi,

Thanks for writing in!

You can set-up Convert Plus Extension Modal popup and set it to Launch With CSS class.

For a detailed information regarding this kindly refer to the links below.

https://www.convertplug.com/plus/docs/

Hope that helps

Thank you for the suggestion to use ConvertPlug, I have used it before. However, is there a way to do this without ConvertPlug? I use ConverKIT for mail now…

Hi leahvachani,

Other than the plugin mentioned, you could make use of “Area Content Modal” element, but this will require a lot customization and development work (hide the default modal trigger by CSS, initiate the modal by clicking on menu item, developing a logic for users who already have the password, etc…), you might want to consult a developer regrading this task as it’s beyond our support scope.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.