Add gap or padding a top of ethos blog page and single post pages

Hi @RueNel

To see the site that i am referring to, you will have to enter the following into your local host file and clear your browser cache and flush your dns as i am building it ready to replace a live site:

77.104.134.196 snhs.kirklees.sch.uk

I will add a secure not to this message with the logon details.

thanks,

Hi Chris,

Looks like an encoding issue, I went ahead and fixed it. Please try it again.

Thanks!

Thanks @Rad but could you let me know what i need to do now. I have the video post set up and the M4V file URL populated but not image shows on the post in the blog feed. Do i have to manually add a featured imaged for this. What i was looking for was it to pull through automatically like it does on the renew themes blog feed with the ability to play it fro the image/thumbnail if this makes sense? Thanks for all your help so far on this one :slight_smile:

just another note, so what im looking for is basically the title and text on the right like the normal featured image posts with the video on the left the same size as the featured image posts so it all looks nice and neat.

Hi There,

Sorry for the confusion!

It’s not possible to automatically pull the image for the video. You have to manually set the featured image for each post video format.

You can take a look at this test post: http://snhs.kirklees.sch.uk/wp-admin/post.php?post=1199&action=edit.

After added some texts, the layout looks good now:

Regards!

Hi @thai , i have found that setting the video to 4:3 instead of 16:9 makes the image on the video post on the blog page fill the width more so looks better:

A few things - there are no controls in the player, not even on the video post page to fill screen etc. Can this be added? Also when you add a link to a youtube video then it breaks. If it cannot be done, i will have to go back to no thumbnail so its just text which is a shame as i feel that the theme should already do this out of the box really. It would definately make it a lot more polished and im unsure why the developers didnt just do this from the beginning. Here is a screenshot of what happens when you add a youtube URL to the post:

thanks again.

Chris

Hello Chris,

You cannot simply add a Youtube or Vimeo link into the source. You will need to insert the Youtube or Vimeo embed code instead. For further details, please check out Video Post Settings from this article: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/meta-options-posts/143

Hope this helps.

of course haha. Sorry guys. I did it a couple of days ago and today didnt read it properly. :relieved:

@King,

No problem.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Thanks guys. Apologies for all the threads that i am opening lately. I am learning bits as i am going along and this is my 5th site using X or PRO and couldnt have got to where I am at the moment without your help. :slight_smile:
Thanks all.

Oh … i added the youtube embed code and it worked :grinning:

Thank you for your kind words and we’re glad we could help.

Cheers!

Hi guys,

Sorry i have just notice that on my pages where i have added a widget area and then a navigation item to that, that the links that i have visited get highlighted with a purple block background like the headings which i do not want. Can i stop this from happening. See the screenshot here:

thanks again.

Hey Chris,

You have this custom CSS in your Global CSS.

Please remove the highlighted selector.

Thanks.

Thanks @christian_y

Nearly there, its now leaving a top and bottom border around the visited items. Also the hover colour doesn’t work for the visited items but the rest of the links do. Here is what i am seeing at the moment:

Hi Chris,

Please add this CSS to your global custom CSS

.x-main .widget ul li, .x-main .widget ol li, .x-sidebar .widget ul li, .x-sidebar .widget ol li {
    border-color: #333333;
}
.x-main .widget ul li a:hover {
    color: #7767c3 !important;
}

Thanks!

Hi @Rad,

That semi worked in the fact that it made all the lines black but i want all the lines really light grey so i replaced the #333333 with #e3e3e3 but for some reason where i have visited the links, it still shows a darker line but i need them all light grey, see here:

very odd. Its only doing it in the widget element when i add navigation in there. On the normal widget menu in a sidebar its. So here is the page its not correct on which has the widget element: http://snhs.kirklees.sch.uk/parent-info/careers/about-our-careers-department/ and the normal sidebar (sidebar in layout) its fine: http://snhs.kirklees.sch.uk/news/

to see the site you need to look at the secure note where i mention changing the hosts file on your machine as the site isn’t live. Sorry to be a pain guys.

Hi Chris,

Please add this to Theme Options > CSS

.x-main .widget.widget_nav_menu .current-menu-item,
.x-main .widget ul li, .x-main .widget ol li,
.x-sidebar .widget ul li,
.x-sidebar .widget ol li  {
	border-color: #e3e3e3 !important;
}

Remember to clear your browser’s cache after this change.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Hi @friech, bingo! That did the trick. Thanks guys.

You’re most welcome Chris. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.