ACF Pro data inserted into post content is not showing when post is used in Essential Grid

Hi Support,

I am creating post content with some custom fields using ACF Pro. The post uses the Promo element and inside the content of the promo I use the ACF shortcode to pull the custom field through which works fine on the post.

When I use the post content in Essential grid the I get all the post content but the custom field data is not coming through!

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,

Ken

Hey Ken,

It sounds like you haven’t specified the post ID. If you just use [acf field="field_name"], it will work only for the single post. If you wish for it to also display elsewhere, you must input the post ID like [acf field="field_name" post_id="123"]

To get your post ID, please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-how-to-locate-post-ids/59

Hope that helps.

Hello @3butterflies,

I have removed your credentials for security reasons. It turns out that you are not the owner of this thread. We kindly ask that you open up your issue along with your credentials in a separate thread. This will ensure that only you and our staff can access your site. And also the longer threads get in the forum, they become more difficult to support as they tend to drift off topic and they also make it troublesome for users trying to search for solutions. Keeping threads relevant to their original inquiry ensures that we can keep better track of what has been resolved and that users can more effectively find answers to similar issues they might be experiencing.

By the way, please follow on what @Christian has suggested.

Thank you.

okay thank you!

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.