Accordion wonkiness

Hello-

On this page: https://alisonljames.com/merlin-the-masters/. (I will provide login in a secure note) if you look at the accordion at the bottom, the arrow and the title are out of alignment. How do I get them on the same line like the attached image?

Also how do I change the font color for the titles and the text to be the same as our website? And how do I reduce padding around the accordion title when it is closed…I’d like less padding above and below the title.

Thank you, look forward to your response.

Hi Kim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To align the arrow and the title, please add the following code in the Theme Options > CSS:

.x-acc-header-text p {
    margin-bottom: 0;
}

Here are some related links for further reading, this could help you in finding and implementing some CSS fixes:

Don’t forget to clear all caches including your browser’s cache after adding the code. Let us know how this goes!

Are you guys lessening your support? I had 3 inquiries in and in all 3 I have been told part of the query was outside your scope. I have been with you guys for 4+ years and you have been so helpful but my last 3 queries the support drops off. I am sure customizing these accordion elements is a common need can you please provide the CSS for it. I understand basic CSS but not sure what your accordion calls are.

Hey Kim,

We’re not lessening our support in terms of quality. Custom coding though is really outside the scope of our product support ever since. Please see our Terms. Even if it’s outside the scope, we still went above and beyond anyway especially in the past. Because of that, we received a lot of custom development request and we kept on doing that and in the end, it became unmanageable and it had negative impact on us including degrading our response time. I hope you understand.

Your questions in this thread though are not outside the scope of our support since there are options for that.

Regarding the alignment, you do not need CSS. You only need to remove the p tags wrapping your text. Because the p tag has a bottom margin in our theme, it causes unwanted space in the accordion. In the future releases, this might get addressed.

Regarding the colors, our elements do have color options. Here’s the screenshot for the Accordion element. You can learn more about the Accordion element at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/elements-accordion/24717

Also enable the Advanced Mode under Preferences so you get more options.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.