A conflict on the front end of your site has prevented the preview from loading (nothing seems to correct it)

Hi,

I recently updated Theme X and not I can’t edit anything. It is very frustrating. I have disabled caching and tried with each plugin disabled and so far nothing. I still get this error. it is driving me crazy. I just wanted to do a simple edit and spent a bunch of time on this. It was fine before.

website https://mobilewill.us

1 Like

Hello @friedcircuits,

Thanks for asking and we are sorry for the trouble you are facing.

Can you please try increasing your PHP memory limit. Please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

In addition please refer our general troubleshooting guide for possible solution:

If you still see the same problem, please share website login details in a secure note.

Thanks.

That didn’t seem to work. Something is odd.l got the last published post to load in cornerstone but it showed no content.

Hi, there,

I’m able to login and while trying to edit I faced a 500 error. That’s a server side error, not trackable on frontend. You should check your Apache’s error log searching for any PHP Fatal Error that will help to understand the fail.

You can find this error log directly on /var/log/apache2/error.log or your host could guide you where is placed in your system - even through an interface like CPanel.

Please copy and paste here the error message so we can help you.

Thanks!

Hmm, I don’t seem to see much in the logs that relate to this. I watched the logs while trying to edit a page with cornerstone but it didn’t generate any entries. Only have a few of these

Premature end of script headers

Hi there,

In that case, you can generate your own log files by changing this line from your site’s wp-config.php

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

to this

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

Then load your builder again to trigger that error, then please provide the /wp-content/debug.log file here.

Once done, you can revert it back to just define('WP_DEBUG', false); to prevent debug logging which may increase file size and disk usage in the long run.

Thanks!

Well, that is strange. I can’t get to generate any debug logs. Seems like the layout pane loads but still get the error. My host did email users about doing some performance improvements to the server I am on. Could it be a memory issue?

Hi there,

In that case, would you mind providing the FTP login credentials as well? I also checked and you set the memory limit to 268435456 instead of 256M. Please try changing it.

Thanks!

I copied and pasted the config so that is odd.

I am watching this thread because i have the same issue, and my post from 3 days ago is not being answered. You guys might need to provide downgrade instructions for those of us that need to get back to work until this issue is hashed out.

1 Like

@flashfog, Unfortunately, it’s something we don’t have full control. I’m not saying we’ll not fix it, but it could take time. Plus, site’s maintenance and updates are users responsibility. Updates are not mandatory but for those who’ll try and test it, then we’ll have to release updates. We always recommend testing the updates and maintenance over a staging site and not on a stable site. It’s a bad practice to overhaul a live site when it comes to major updates, there will be always featured gaps and those are needed to be tested first. Plus this current issue is not due to updates, but javascript errors and internal errors.

@friedcircuits are you currently working on it? I’m in the middle of checking but It always log me out. I checked and there is no error log either, perhaps you can try it on another staging to see if it’s the same. Again, the main cause is the javascript error and we need to find out what’s causing that issue. Could you try disabling SSL and other plugins and test it again since you’re on it :slight_smile:

Thanks!

For some reason the database connecting info in wp-config just changed, so it is down. Fixing now.

Back up now.

Hi there,

It is still not, I’m getting this now after retrying the login

unused

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mobilewill.us and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Please check it with your hosting, then I’ll continue checking. Thanks!

I am able to login and even with the latest update I still have this problem :frowning:

Hi there,

It works when I deactivated all other plugins other than the cornerstone. The culprit is one of the plugins, please deactivate them one at a time and test it. Don’t rush with the testing, deactivating it will not take effect instantly so you’ll have to test it multiple times per plugin that you deactivated.

Thanks!

Thank you for the help. It turned out to be the LightBox plugin. https://wordpress.org/plugins/lightbox-popup/

Glad it was that plugin and not something critical. First time I have had a plugin break stuff. :wink:

Now to decide how to proceed with a replacement.

@friedcircuits I use Simple Lightbox from https://archetyped.com/ and it works very well with X and Pro. I use to prevent the usage from other Lightbox Scripts they comming with Plugins like Essential Grid or other. Its easy to integrate, works with many Plugins like Essential. (I have also the Video addon from there for Videolightboxes) and its the global Lightbox on my Site. On all other Plugins with Lightbox Function, i have the lightbox deactivated.

@friedcircuits Glad to hear it.

@The-E-Blog Thanks for the input.

Thank you