WPML Multidomain bug still persistent - Solutions?!

Hello!

I am sad to realize that the WPML multidomain bug reported several months ago apparently still is not solved.
When using the WPML setting for multidomains, pages in languages can not be edited anymore. Error message:

The preview could not load due to misconfigured URLs (WPML - different domain per language)

menphis

This is a major problem in a deployment of ours and we are getting serious trouble from our client since an international launch is now under threat!

Please adivse how to solve!!

Thanks!

Hi @l_eckardt,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have seen the issue mentioned in the screenshot and it shows the differences between the URLs which is the exact cause of the issue. I would suggest you check the Settings > General > WordPress Address (URL) and the Settings > General > Site Address are the same, and also match with the Location URL mentioned in your Themeco Account.

NOTE: It seems the site mentioned screenshot is not listed in your Themeco Account, if it is not already listed with some other account please add that to get further support.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hello and thanks for your quick reply.

1. The screenshot I took from another post in the forum - that is why this domain is showing.

2. Your reply or suggestion for solution is not going to lead anywhere because all URLs are set correctly for the site and have worked perfectly since day 1. HOWEVER, it is the WPML Multidomain feature that breaks things.

3. Let me elaborate and explain again: After activating the WPML languages setting “A different domain for each language”, I can not edit translation pages anymore, instead the above mentioned error message occurs.

Why? Well, because when switching to US language for example, a different domain is used for that language than for the main language (which is exactly why WPML offers that feature and we need to use it). Hence the error: the US page is running under myusdomain.com while the main language (= site URL for WordPress) is mymaindomain.com

Since PRO and WPML are advertised as approved to be compatible - and this was one of the main reasons we chose PRO for this project - and the issue has been reported before, I would appreciate if you could investigate the status of this. Especially since in the other (closed) post it says “This is a known bug”. The preview could not load due to misconfigured URLs (WPML - different domain per language)

Thanks for taking a deeper look at this!

Hi @l_eckardt,

Yes, it is a known bug and has already been reported to the development team for further investigations and fixes. But, regretfully we don’t have any status on that currently.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.