Thank you for providing the login information.
The problem that you are experiencing is because you use the String Translation feature of the WPML plugin to translate the pages. As you do have some customization in the pages, I suggest that you use the inside Cornerstone translation flags, so that you will have the Cornerstone for both languages to use and do whatever layout changes you want individually.
Please kindly follow the steps below:
- Contact the WPML support and ask them how to delete the English version of the pages that you used the string translation on. I found this post that might help.
- Go to the page in Italian and go inside the Cornerstone.
- Click the English language flag at the bottom right section of the screen.
- You will be prompted if you want to have a duplicate of the current page or not:
- Click the Copy Existing button to duplicate the page.
- From now on you will have access to Cornerstone in English for that page.
If you do not delete the current translation with the String Translation feature of the WPML, whenever you want to switch to the English language by clicking the flag inside Cornerstone you will see an error.
The best way to test the case is that you add a new page and follow the steps I said, so you know how to do the translation in a way that you have access to Cornerstone in the translated language.