WooCommerce 3.6 Update broke Store page and Product Pages

Hello Joseph,

I am also seeing the same. The columns are in correct 3 columns just as your screenshot. Which version of Pro theme were installed and do you have in your site? The latest one is Pro 2.5.5 which will display much the same since Pro is an upgraded X theme version. When activating the Pro theme 2.5.5, clear all your caches first and your browser cache too or use private browsing mode in testing your site.

Please let us know how it goes.

I am using Pro 2.5.5. I also have been making sure to clear all caches and browser caching. Still no change.

Hi Joseph,

It appears no longer using cols-3 but columns-3 in the new version. Please add this code to Theme Options > JS as a temporary workaround.

jQuery('.woocommerce ul.products').each( function() {

jQuery(this).attr('class', jQuery(this).attr('class').replace('columns-', 'cols-') );

} );

Thanks!

Hey Rad,

That makes total sense. I put it in and it corrected it right away! Thank you so much! I am guessing others are running into the same thing. Will this be corrected permanently in the next Pro update?

Also I noticed that the tabs for ā€œdescriptionā€, ā€œAdditional informationā€, and ā€œreviewsā€ are still messed up. The tabs basically disappeared. Plus, the page buttons on the store page got messed up too. Is there a JS solution for these as well?

Hello Jerome,

I have tested the latest release update with the latest WooCommerce version and I could not replicate the issue on my end. I am guessing that a certain 3rd party plugin is causing this issue.

Meanwhile, you can resolve your issue by updating the custom JS given by @Rad:

jQuery('.woocommerce ul.products').each( function() {
   jQuery(this).attr('class', jQuery(this).attr('class').replace('columns-', 'cols-') );
} );

jQuery('.woocommerce .woocommerce-pagination').each( function() {
	jQuery(this).attr('class', jQuery(this).attr('class').replace('woocommerce-pagination', 'x-pagination') );
} );

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you RueNel for that JS to fix the Page numbering on the shop page, however the tabs are still broken on each product page. Is there an additional snippet of JS that can fix that specifically?

Nevertheless, when I disabled all plugins, I still had the issues that I am referencing. I do not understand how a 3rd party plugin can be affecting CSS by replacing whole classes. Am I missing something?

Hello Jerome,

How did you update your Pro theme? Did you just overwrite the files by uploading the files or you used the automatic updates in your WP dashboard? If you could give me your FTP details in a secure note, I may be able to investigate further why the themeā€™s WooCommerce integration was removed or somehow being overridden.

Thank you in advance.

Hey RueNel,

I only update things through the Wordpress dashboard automatic updater.

I apologize for my ignorance but how exactly do I get you FTP credentials?

Hello Joseph,

Thanks for updating the thread.

You can ask your hosting provider for FTP login credentials and they will provide you the same.

Thanks.

Hello Prasant,

I have created a FTP account using the same credentials I gave in this thread earlier in a secure note.

Please let me know what you find.

Hey Joseph,

Thanks for giving us the FTP credentials. I logged in and the folder that I can access is just the themes folder so I investigated the Pro theme. I found that thereā€™s a woocommerce.zip in the parent Pro themeā€™s folder which should not be the case.

May we know if you have made direct modifications to the theme? If so, please delete the parent theme and download a fresh copy from your Apex Dashboard and install it.

To back up my suspicion, I went to your staging site and switched to X and the Tabs worked.

I uninstalled Pro in your staging site but when I reinstalled a fresh copy, I got this error.

Please upload a fresh copy of Pro in your staging site to continue the test. Contact your web host to fix the expiration error if it persists.

Also note that this is not a bug because X and Pro works in all my test sites and Ruenel also said he canā€™t replicate this issue. The outdated template could not cause this moreover that itā€™s only a minor area. Itā€™s also going to be updated in one of the succeeding updates. You can check that out in our Changelog.

Thanks.

Hello Christian,

I have not made any direct modifications to the theme. I changed the PHP settings and uploaded a fresh copy of Pro into the staging site (got past that error). It appears that the issues have been fixed with the new copy of Pro.

I decided to replicate this on my actual site and I believe the problem has been fixed. Thank you for bearing with me through this process to fix this.

Hey Joseph,

We are just glad that the said issue has now been fixed.
Thanks for letting us know!

Best Regards.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.