Where in database is the css located?

Sorry. Please go to the staging site at https://athletechnews.com/staging/6000/home/

Hi @mcaravaglia,

I was able to resolve that shortcodes issue by installing the latest version of PRO (3.2.3) which is the version that is on your live site. What you have installed is version 2.5.5. For future reference, you can download a latest version of PRO from your account licenses dashboard.

Regarding the CSS missing issue, I spent some time on your site, adding a block of dummy CSS on the homepage then navigating around and going back-forth to the homepage couple of time, each time I add a block of dummy CSS, but I did not encounter the issue, my CSS and existing CSS on that page remains there throughout my test. Please test it on your end.

Thanks,

Sorry for the confusion, but the CSS you added was to “Home Page” and the page I’m having the issue with is simply named “Home”. The page you edited is going to be replaced with the new page (Home) once I can finally get it to work properly and finish it. Even with no CSS in the page (it’s blank now) the page will not save unless I disable all plugins. I cannot have a single plugin active, or this page will not save.

Update: Now, even with all plugins disabled the page won’t save

On a separate note, if this “Home” page is saved as a template and I create a new page and import the template, it resolves the issue. However, over time, it will fail again. I originally began this page some time ago and it failed. I did this exact thing (save template and import to new page) to resolve the issue. Everything was fine for a couple of weeks and then the error returned. It’s a very odd thing.
Please see page named “Home Test”. Just now, I did this exact thing- saving “Home” as a template and importing it into the new page and it saves just fine. If I need to, I’ll do this again in order to continue working, but there’s a larger issue at play here.

Regarding csslint.com (OMG!) I didn’t realize there was such a place to check my CSS. I can certainly use this, so thank you!

I was aware to discourage the use of !important in CSS code, however, there are times that I simply cannot get a CSS selector to work unless I add that. I’m also a little confused why it says NOT to use ID’s in selectors. I thought the whole idea of a selector ID was to be able to use it.

Your thoughts, as always, are appreciated.

Hey @mcaravaglia,

I suspect the problem here is a character conflict somewhere in the content possibly within your 600 lines of CSS. I’ve seen cases like this. What happens when you load the template for the first time is the database might accept the conflicting character and then reject that at some point.

Regretfully, the only way to catch what’s causing this is we know what exactly you’re doing on the page so it’s best that you take note or better yet, take a screencast of your page activity and post it on Youtube (unlisted) or Dropbox and give us the URL.

Here’s what I recommend for testing what I mentioned.

1. Still test with all plugins disabled.
  2. After you save the page titled “Home” (not the actual home / front page) as a template and load it to a new page, immediately remove all the CSS and work with the page saving it from time to time and take note if the saving issue will return. If it does not happen again, there could be some character within the CSS that is in conflict with your database setup and not necessarily the builder.
  3. If the saving issue persists with the content only, the said character could be in the content. You should remove sections one by one and try saving each time.

Thanks for testing.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.