Where can I adjust not to show featured image on the post?

Hello. I uploaded the featured image but I don’t want to show the featured image on the post. Where can I adjust it?

Hi Claire,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Currently there is no option whether to show the featured image or not if it’s being uploaded, you can simply remove the featured image if you don’t want to show the featured image.

Alternatively you can hide it with CSS as this is not a theme feature by default and is outside of our support scope, but we will do our best to help you getting started with the customization but we will not be able to implement it. You can follow this thread to hide the featured image on single posts only Pro: Hide featured image on single posts only

Please note that the code provided in the above thread serves as a guide only and is to help you in getting started so implementing it and maintaining the code will be out of our support scope and for further maintenance for new possible versions of the theme that may cause the customization to break, you will need to hire a developer.

Thank you for understanding!

Awesome. Thank you, it worked perfectly.
.single-post .entry-thumb,
.single-post .entry-thumb img {
display: none;
}

Now, under the post title, it shows the gray container box which was hold the featured image.
Please have a look at https://newfkumc.hellocposny.com/cp/sermon-2020-9-6/ (Under the title name, [Sunday Sermon] 2020-9-6 Sermon, there is a gray container box)

Would you please provide me the code how to make the frame color as transparent?

Once again, thank you so much!

Hi Claire,

It’s the feature box which shows the grey container box, as your featured image is displayed none is shown as a blank box. You need to hide that too with your featured image.
To make that hide please add .single-post .entry-featured selector with your custom CSS code. The complete code will look like the following one:

.single-post .entry-featured,
.single-post .entry-thumb,
.single-post .entry-thumb img {
display: none;
}

Please remember that the above code will work if copied as it is and doesn’t conflict with any existing style.
Please note that the code provided serves only as a guide to help you get started custom coding on your own if there’s no option offered in our theme or the products we bundle.
We do not provide support for custom codes that means we can’t fix it in case it conflicts with something in your site nor will we enhance it.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.