Video player suddenly stop working

The videos I put in the pages seem to have stopped working suddenly? However, I haven’t changed anything.
I tried classic video player and video. both does not work. I increased my php memory, disabled the last plugin installed but nothing works.

Do you have an idea ?

Here is the problematic page

Hi Juie,

Thank you for writing in, you said you disabled the last plugin installed, but I advise please do a full plugin conflict test.

Another thing, do you have another video on that page? The video is actually on the page but no height. Do you have custom CSS somewhere (e.g. Theme Options > CSS, Page > CSS, or Element CSS)? Can you try removing those for a while?

If the issue persists, please provide us login credentials on a “Secure Note” so we can take a closer look.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

I have the same problem. Is there already a solution?

Hi @macvink,

Unfortunately, there is no solution to this till now. Like my colleague says, I would also suggest you troubleshoot the following common issue to help us to recognize the reason.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Theme Update related issue
3.Child Theme Related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
If none of the above helps and you are still getting the issue, please create a separate thread and provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

really weird. I have everything deactivated and the videos are noticed. I have everything reactive and everything has to continue working ??

It works, tank you ::slight_smile: :blush:

Hi Juie,

Glad that it starts working again, it might be something that was blocking the video to load in your case.

Thanks

For me it is suddenly the JetPack plugin that causes the problems.

Hi @macvink,

Thanks for the information.

Yeah so, if you updated Jetpack it won’t allow you to use the player anymore.

You click on embed button instead of player and the video is back. It is running if you have it in autoplay but you can’t see it but can hear it. Is there a reason for this? Do I really have to go back and update the whole site of videos. I do have Lifter LMS for all my courses and videos. It is not effected but the theme is.

Examples:

Did not update this page: https://mentorsapproach.com/ideas-to-profits-free-video-course/?v=3e8d115eb4b3
Updated this one with embed: https://mentorsapproach.com/covid-19-application/?v=3e8d115eb4b3

I also notice the player loads faster for some reason than the embed code so fixing this would be great?

Hi Nikos,

Are you using a hosted direct URL (ends with .mp4) video? It seems you’re using Vimeo’s video URL which outputs the embed code, so it makes sense to use the embed type and not the player.

Direct links to video files

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.