Video does not Autoplay

Per below, you can see I have the video set to autoplay:

But on the page it does not: http://slatepathcapital.com/demo/
NOTE: This video only plays on mobile screen so shrink the browser window width or view on a phone.

Hi @mlbass,

It seems there is a JavaScript error related to the MediaElement is showing in the browser console, that might be the reason behind your issue. I would suggest you to troubleshot the following common issues to recognize the problem.

1.Plugin Conflict
2.Theme Update related issue
3.Child Theme Related issue
4.CSS/JS Customization
5.Disabling Cache
6.Disabling CDN

If you discover that an issue is coming from a custom code or 3rd party plugin, kindly consult with a developer or contact the plugin author. Please note that we do not provide support for custom codes and 3rd party plugins.
Please note that a few hours ago we have released another version of the theme with some fixes, I would recommend you to update your theme to the latest one.
If none of the above help, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Updated Theme. Switched from Child to Main theme. Turned off all plugins. Took out custom CSS (there isn’t custom JS), purged cache, no CDN.

No change. Does not autoplay.

Hey @mlbass,

For the video to autoplay, it must be muted to comply with the browser’s policy.

Hope that helps.

Works on a re-sized browser window on my desktop, but not when I bring the page up on a phone.

Duplicated this section and used the video in the background instead. That does not start either.

Hi @mlbass,

Thanks for providing the details!

I check your demo page and found out that the background video in the section on your mobile is just working fine, it start the video when I visit the page. I also suggest that you add a padding to your video section so that it will visible. See the example screenshot below.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

It will not stop on the last frame when in background, but it will in the video player. I went back to the player - Section: “Mobile Large Section” All other sections are turned off.

However, when I go to a phone to view, it will not autoplay even though its muted per above. Can you check? Please use a phone because it’ll play in a desktop browser window that is resized.

Hey @mlbass,

Your video automatically plays on my Android phone. Please clear your mobile browser’s cache then check again. Please also test other mobile browsers and test a lighter MP4. It takes a bit of time for your video to load on a slow network.

Thanks.

I finally found an android tablet. Yes, it works on Android. NO, it does not work on IOS. Can you please try on IOS to see the issue?

Hello @mlbass,

Background videos especially in iOS are disabled on mobile. There are hacky ways to make that possible but that would mean slowing down your page and it’s outside the scope of our theme support as it would require custom development.

Please check out this old thread instead:

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.