Validation & Demo Issue

I’ll try to explain my dilemma as best as possible.

When I initially went to validate Cornerstone I got a Curl 7 error. I figured out I need to allow some outgoing connections, which I did, then it validated fine. Since I am new to building a site this way, I started playing around with the Design Cloud demos and found one I wanted to try. Tried to install it, got another error, allowed more outgoing connections and it installed. I had the 2019 theme installed previously and thought I could switch back to that until I was ready to edit the new theme, but alas that is not the case, and now my site looks crazy. (http://buycbdoilsforsale.com/)

Upon trying to do a quick fix until I can get back to it later, I couldn’t figure out how to delete the stuff at the bottom of the page (everything under Next Page). I’ve watched various videos but there is not an in-depth video on how to edit each demo/template so I have no idea how to temporarily remove the stuff at the bottom of the page.

Either way, I wasn’t able to figure it out because now I’m told that Cornerstone is now, once again, not validated. I tried re-validating but I keep getting an error. I submitted a ticket to my web host regarding the outgoing connections issue but while I’m waiting my site looks stupid and I can’t fix it.

1. Is there a way around having to constantly re-validate?
  2. How do I remove the stuff at the bottom of my page once I can get it validated again? Is there a tutorial video?

thanks

Well, can’t get site re-validated. It just says we couldn’t check if license was valid. The details button gives me no information. I don’t think this is going to work out well for me. This is turning out to be too much trouble already, not a smooth experience.

Hey Carrie,

What you’re experiencing is a problem with the web host. Please try following the solution suggested by another user here: License not validating

If that doesn’t work, please provide the following info in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Web host cPanel access

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

Host says according to those instructions it would appear there is a missing table. Not sure if I’m doing it correctly however because I just get an error that says, table does not exist. I don’t think I want to go through all the hassle of this & still have no idea how to fix my site other than just removing all this.

Just got a message from my host that says, "Hello,

I have just checked the options table and it seems that you already have the record:

(17283, ‘x_product_validation_key’, ‘0876682b-bdc0-4f8f-bbe2-5d4ea2f6e11f’, ‘yes’)

You should be all set now."

However, when I went to validate I got the same error. So, I just want to go ahead and get a refund. I"m not going to be able to use this.
Sorry.

Also, I removed the theme and cornerstone. Put my theme back to 2019 and the stuff from X is still at the bottom of my page! How do I get rid of that???

Hey Carrie,

We understand that this situation is frustrating. However, as I’ve said previously, this is an issue with your web host so I’m not sure if you’ll get a refund. I’ll forward your case to our manager.

To remove the demo content of our theme, you either need to manually delete them from your pages and widgets. Or, you can use a plugin like WP Reset to remove all previous contents if you wish to start from scratch.

Please kindly wait to hear back from our manager.

Thank you for patience.

Hi Carrie,

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear you’ve been unable to work with X. Since X is sold exclusively on the ThemeForest marketplace, you’ll need to request a refund there. You can learn more about the process here.

Thanks for trying X, and have a great day.

Ok. thanks guys

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.