URGENT. Where to get Previous PRO Version?!

HI,
the recent update causes a collision with elementor forms.

Must have this fixed ASAP.

Where can I get the previous version of PRO from?!

Thanks

From my tests, here is what I found out:

• The problem happens only on Chrome
  • Works on Firefox & Safari

Here is what I see in the Chrome inspector:

cs.2f77946.js:142 Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute ‘querySelector’ on ‘Document’: ‘#elementor-action%3Aaction%3Dpopup%3Aopen%20settings%3DeyJpZCI6IjkxNzEiLCJ0b2dnbGUiOmZhbHNlfQ%3D%3D’ is not a valid selector.
at HTMLBodyElement. (https://my_site_domain.coml/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs.2f77946.js:142:26820)

Any ideas someone?

My life was so beautiful before this update :sweat_smile:

Thanks!

Do you have a backup to revert to?

Totally ashamed to confess - but no… :confused:

Most plugins / themes allow access to older versions, so didn’t think it would be so hard to get older versions.

Is it really that hard with X/Pro themes?

what version do you need?

3.1.2 is here: https://themeco-packages.s3.amazonaws.com/d940c8c440f230138995a40c4daf0904/stable/pro.zip

Thanks! Not sure, I usually update the site regularly, so guess it was just the previous release.

Are you part of the staff?

I badly need a fast solution obviously, but it would be great to figure out the problem and solve it.

No idea what causes the above error

no not a part of the staff, just wanna help. the 3.1.2 is the last stable release in was released 29. November 2019. so this should work?

one more question does your webhosting have backups? you can restore a backup from there?

make sure you download a copy of your current installation before!!!

first you can try to disable plugins: https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-deactivate-all-plugins-when-not-able-to-access-wp-admin/
you can try to put wordpress in debug mode: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/

otherwise you can try to download the latest wordpress files, extract it and transfer it via ftp and overwrite the existing files without these files: wp-config.php and .htaccess !dont overwrite this 2 files!!!.

i was able to resolve a similar problem this way. and then dont forget to make backups. (all-inone-wp-migration)

Thank you so much, I appreciate your help!

The version you sent me did the job - I hope staff will help us figure our the problem, as this obviously is just a temporary patch.

We were on a shared hosting and recently moved to a VPS, so it turned out the backups I had previously defined were not moved along with the new plan.

So I will definitely define new regular backups.

YOU ROCK.

Hi @yositsitsu,

Would you please kindly ask your hosting service provider to create a staging version of your website and then get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of the staging website using a Secure Note?

We also need to know exactly what was the problem that you were experiencing, we do not have access to Elementor Forms and that is the only way that we can test and see what is the problem cause.

Thank you.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Will securely attach all the details to this response in a few mins

Hello Yosi,

I have checked your site and I found out that you are using WP Rocket.
After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches since you are using WP Rocket so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. And please clear your browser cache too. You may use private browsing mode in testing your site to make sure that you are viewing the latest codes from the updates and not the cached version in your browser.

This links might help:

Clearing the WP Rocket will ensure that the JS/CSS script from the latest version will load and not the old cache version.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

HI and thanks,

I actually did clean the WP Rocket and chrome cache and even asked my partner to check from another computer (in another city) - that did not help.

He had the very same problem on his end - Mac and Samsung phone.

Do you mean to say, that you did what you suggest above and that fixed the problem?

Hello @yositsitsu,

We always recommend to clear the site caches after any updates. Usually when we check the site, we search for any indication of a the caching plugin, minified HTML/JS/CSS files and any trace of WP Rocket or CloudFlare because these are the ones which caches the site and served the old cached version. And usually without synching the cached files, the errors in the console will occur.

I can see that you have reverted the Pro version to 3.1.2. May we know if you still receive the conflict errors between the theme and the Elementor plugin?

Thanks.

Hi and thanks for your response.

That is obvious to me.
I would not have written a post here unless I was very sure there was a real problem.

Note, that I created a special test site and sent in details so that you can do whatever needs to be done to find the problem. So, please feel free to do so - whether it’s cleaning cache, disabling plugins etc.
I’ve already done that and that’s how I found and reported the bug that you can find on this discussion with all the details I have.

I reverted to 3.1.2 as a temporary solution, and you can see on this discussion, it solved the problem that still exists in the newest version.

I sent ll the required instruction for reproducing the problem in the secure note.

Thank you!

Hi Yosi,

I have updated the PRO to the latest version 3.2.2 on your dev site, but I could not find the said error. I checked on the frontend, backend, and even on the Elementor page builder but there is no error. Would you mind providing us a walkthrough on how we can replicate the error?

Thanks,

Hey and thanks for getting back to me.

In fact I fail to reproduce it myself.

Very weird. I have no idea how to explain this…

I wonder what could have changed? :thinking:

Hey There,

Sometimes reinstalling / reactivating plugins can fix certain issues. Finding out what has caused this and why is not really feasible so please let us know if the issue occurs again so we can investigate but I am fairly confident that this should be permanently resolved.

Well, I upgraded the theme once again on the main site, and indeed - the problem is not there anymore! :crazy_face:

Awesome, thanks everyone!

Glad to hear it’s sorted, @yositsitsu.

Thanks for letting us know.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.