Upgrade Beyong Cornerstone Version 1.3.3 Fails

Hi There,

I have checked your back-end by enabling the WP_DEBUG mode on your wp-config.php file and I saw the errors are throwing from Cornerstone plugin due to missing or corrupted files.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then I have tried to login to your back-end and it seems you have disabled login credentials.

Since you’re working on a live site, it is harder to debug your issues without affecting to downtime. If possible, create a staging environment using the copy of your live site so that we can look into this further. You can go through the our migration guide here for that (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/cornerstone-content-builder-migration/126/1).

Thanks!

It is certain that it doesn’t link anything besides its current older version of cornerstone. Downloaded again from the link you sent and replaced and the site goes down.

Please find the current (version 1.3.3) in cornerstone which is what is making the site functional and the dash accessible…
and what was downloaded in cornerstone_new folder can try for yourself to interchange. We did and it fails. (Error 500)

Hope you can work your magic… Thanks

Please try these creds…

Hi There,

Thank you for the credentials, ok I did the magic and found out that the 500 error is not caused by the Cornerstone (which it should). it actually the plugins X - Splash by Perceptive.io and X - Starfield by Perceptive.io.

If you try to activate any of that plugin now, you’ll see the error.

I deactivated all your plugins (except Cornerstone) I hope you don’t mind as I really need to do that to see which plugin is really causing the issue. (This is the reason why we advise to bring your site on a test server, so we can’t do harm to your live site.)

Also the X - Extensions you have are outdated and not compatible with the latest X. So you need to update those extensions before you activate it back.

To update the Extensions to the version that is supported by the theme:

- Ensure your theme is validated so Extensions can be installed automatically
- Deactivate and delete the extensions, from the plugins panel.
- On the X > Validation > Extensions locate and install the extensions that you need.
- Visit "Plugins" panel in your Dashboard to activate the newly installed version.

Because all of the plugin settings are stored in the database, and because version 2.x will migrate settings from older versions, its safe to use this method of deleting the previous version. But always keep a backup of your entire site just to be safe.

Remember to clear all caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope that helps,
Cheers!

1 Like

It certainly helps! You are a magician. Thanks for devoting the time and attention to gain this cleanup and root cause fix.

Hi There,

Thanks for the kind words.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.