I think I broke my website trying to make Cornerstone usable. I tried to edit my wp-config and now I can’t access my site at all. Help!
Please revert back the config.php file to the previous position, if needed ask your hosting service provider to restore a backup of your website. and then follow the steps below:
- Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
- If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
- Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
- Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to
.htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.
- Enable the WordPress Debug mode so that we can see the error instead of the white screen. You may need to contact your hosting service provider to do it for you if you are not comfortable with the settings.
- Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
I reverted to a back-up, then took all the steps you suggested except the Debug mode. Cornerstone still doesn’t work. I feel that the Debug advice is way above my skillset. What else do you suggest?
To enable WP_DEBUG mode, open wp-config.php file and add
define( 'WP_DEBUG' , true ); just above
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ For example:
define('WP_DEBUG', true); /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
When you revisit the site you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.
So, I did the Debug thing, and nothing is different. I don’t see any error output. Is there somewhere specifically I should be looking for it?
I’m becoming increasingly frustrated. This will be my fifth site with X/Cornerstone, and I purchased this license so I could get a site up quickly. It’s been almost a week and I have spent around 15 hours trying to solve this problem.
Update: I uploaded Demo content to see what it would do, and I can’t see any content at all from the front end. If I click on a demo post, all I see is the header and widgets.
I don’t have another week to wait on this. I am requesting a refund.
Without information about the error then we can’t troubleshoot it. With this, I’m requesting your sites URL, admin and FTP login credentials in a secure note. Enabling WP_DEBUG should display the error but we’re not really sure what issue you’re getting.
Please note that we can’t reply to every issue instantly, it would take some hours or up to 24 hours depending on other threads ahead of yours.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.