Top Links on Mobile Menu

I’m having an issue with my top links on mobile. I would prefer for the logic for top links to be clickable, and only reveal dropdown if the user selects the sublink indicator.

I got it working somewhat using the second to last JS code on this link:

Now the toplinks are selectable, but it still triggers the dropdown. This is confusing from a user perspective because the dropdown appears about 10 times faster than a new page can load. It is not obvious that the user is being directed to a new page until a few seconds later.

I know this is on the known bug list from back in the Summer, so I was curious whether any advancement had been made on this rather crucial navigation issue.

Thanks!

Hi There,

I’ve just checked our issue tracker and we already have it as a feature request. We could not provide any ETA, however I have added a follow up request well.

Thanks!

Not to sound too sarcastic, but how is this a feature request? Parent menu link is a basic functionality of a Wordpress menu.

There are several threads here in Apex that hint at this bug problem.

It appears as if this was a bug, and instead fixing, it was disabled. Now, @Themeco is wanting to charge to fix a bug?

@kyle – could you provide some input?

Thank you.

Hey @JMichaelBrowning,

Please see the reply of one our core developers in a similar thread.

Thanks.

This is again deflecting a response. I fail to understand how having a fix for parent menu item not linking is a feature request. Even if you had a custom link menu item as a parent menu link, it does not link.

And your fix above just flips the problem.

Please help to provide a solution so that we can use the native Wordpress functionality.

Hello There,

Sorry for the confusion. A fix is underway. Our developers is already working on it. It will be integrated and rolled out in the next update release.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.