Theme X - Adding Skype to social bar

Hi!

I would like to add a Skype button into the social bar. Since Skype generates a page for profiles.
How can this be added to the social bar on ThemeX please?

Many thanks.

Hi @DigitalTrustBuilders,

Thanks for reaching out.

There’s no option for Skype in the Social bar in the X > Theme Options > Social. I suggest that you re-create your topbar cotent using a global block then use the social element to display the skype. See the example below.

After that save the Global blocks and get the shortcode.

Then put the shortcode in your X > Theme Options > Header then miscellaneous.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @marc_a,

I have followed your advice, created the global block, and pasted its short code where requested [cs_gb id=341].

Yet is does not display the result expected, just the code. Cf. capture below.
And if I understand well, there is no way to add a Skype button on the top right next to the other social buttons?

Captures:

Hello @DigitalTrustBuilders,

The topbar content only accepts plain text. Any shorotcode added in that area will not be rendered. Please check out this old thread so that your global block shortcode will be displayed:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Thanks @ruenel, I understand that then it requires to redo the bar from global blocks, is that right? Positioning the bar inside that topbar is a challenge so we decided to keep things simple and let go of the Skype icon. I would make sense to be able to add Skype to the social icons though. The matter is now resolved.

Hello, @DigitalTrustBuilders,

Glad that we were able to help you. Please feel free to reach us if you have any query regarding our theme and theme settings.

Have a great day!
Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.