I have a client site that uses The Grid to display links to posts and pages. When linking to posts, it works as it should: it opens the target post, but when linking pages, it only opens a lightbox image, not the target page. We haven’t been able to resolve this, could you please indicate what we’re missing.
We certanly need more detailed information on how you setup The Grid. Kindly give us the step by step guide on how you setup the grid to be able to check the case. Also kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.
For now I can suggest the steps below for the troubleshooting:
- Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
- Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.
- Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
- Make sure that you know your ways around The Grid.
- Consider using Essential Grid and see if you get the same results.
Hi Christopher and thanks for your reply.
We followed the steps you suggested, but nothing happens, and we’re getting more and more confused.
I checked and the layers actions are correctly pointing to page/post links. How did you implement the lightbox? I checked the assigned skin and the layers and even the main contents actions are set to
Linkts to instead of
Lightbox/Play. Would you mind providing more details on how you set it up? There is no access to theme editor, I can’t check if it uses custom code.
My client has set it up as he has other Grids on the site (which also work perfectly, as those are pointing to posts). This problem only occurs when trying to point to pages.
I can assure you there is no custom css or js in regards of The Grid on the site, so that cannot be the issue, and the problem can be overridden by turning those desired pages into articles, but that is obviously going to add on my client’s workload (he is building the site himself, I help him with issues he cannot manage), and of course on the layout of those particular parts.
Is this a new issue with The Grid? I have previously used The Grid on my own site and had no issues what so ever.
That is happening because you have selected Apia Skin for the pages while Sofia for the articles.
Click on each page, click edit page, on Wordpress classic backend editor, scroll down until you find the grid settings of the page and select Sofia as a skin.
Let us know how it goes.
This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.