Sticky menu link anchor problem Xpro

Hi
I have single page site with sticky menu that calls anchor links. When the site scrolls to the anchor link the anchor link position is behind the menu.

For example when the menu item "Our Capability: is clicked this is the result.

The expected result is:

There are a number of solutions mentioned in the forums and when I have applied them they have not corrected the problem.

I have copied the script from this link Link-to-anchor-scroll-offset however the links on my site still do not scroll as expected.

Could you help with a way forward.

Regards
Jeff

Hi @Jefrf10,

Thanks for reaching out.

It’s already implemented by default so you don’t need to add that code. What’s weird is why it’s not working properly on your end (wrong offset). That code was for very old version.

I saw issues related to Pro header in which already fixed but still present after updates, and something I can’t reproduce on a newly installed theme. Would you mind deactivating your theme and delete it, then install it again as a fresh copy?

Thanks!

Hi Rad

Thank you for your suggestion - unfortunately the problem still exists.

I deleted and reinstalled the pro theme and also removed the “link to anchor” java script.

As another test I also added another section on the single page and new menu item however the behaviour was same so I deleted that section.

Could you please suggest next steps.

Regards
Jeff

Hey Jeff,

It’s because your Sticky Shrink Amount was set to 0. Setting it to 1 will resolve the issue.

Hope that helps.

Hey Christian

Thanks for fixing the shrink amount however I still have that weird behaviour.

It must be something that is to do with my site. I don’t develop and have only used pro configuration for a few years now. Really baffles me as I know the product should not be behaving like this.

Recently I’ve updated most of the sections to include the new grid element which is so powerful - would that have anything to do with it?

Also I noticed the Graphic Display section in the menus is duplicated - not sure if this is normal.

Below is what I’m seeing in the browser

Could you please suggest next step.
Regards
Jeff

Hey Jeff,

When I checked previously, the first jump links land properly but I remembered a recent bug with the offset which regretfully doesn’t have a solution yet so I’d recommend reverting from a previous working state of your site for now.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Christian

Thank you for your reply - the inconvenience of this bug is small compared to the capability pro delivers.

I appreciate your reply as I will stop spending time trying to find a solution and look out for a fix in a future release.

If you could post an indication of time if known for a fix that would be great otherwise I look forward to a fix at some stage :slight_smile:

Regards

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Our developers were already working for a fix of this bug. Once they’ll have it resolved, it will be updated and integrated when we roll out our next release update cycle. We do not have ETA yet. Please watch out for the updates anytime soon.

Kindly bear with us.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.