Static files to exclude form combine and/or minify

Hi There,

Which dropdown? Please clarify and give us more details of the issue. That folders are all the CSS and JS files on PRO theme.

The drop down in the navigation?

That is JS? as soon I minify JS it breaks the drop down menu. SO I need help figure out which file I should exclude from minify.

Hi There,

Please try excluding this file: pro/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js

Let us know how it goes!

Sometimes the drop down works and sometimes not. It’s not bulletproof yet. Is there any navigation files I should exclude from cache in the w3 total cache as well?

Usually, it’s related to defer JS or CSS

Hi there,

Kindly exclude the files below:

wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js
wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js
wp-content/themes/pro/framework/css/dist/site/stacks/integrity-light.css
wp-content/themes/pro/framework/js/dist/site/x-body.min.js
wp-content/themes/pro/framework/js/dist/site/x-head.min.js

Those are the files that are loaded from pro theme folder on your website at the time being.

Thank you.

Thanks, I will try it out. But the navigation works once I disable rocket loader from Cloudflare. Is that a common problem for the PRO users? Since that feature speeds up the site but at the same time I would prefer to have a fully working navigation.

I unfriendly I can’t exclude rocket loader from executing on certain pages.

Hi There,

Please refer to : https://xthemetips.com/using-cloudflare-rocket-loader-with-x-pro-and-x5/928/

Hope it helps

That is a known issue which I’m aware of, which you can see already is in place: https://tppr.me/okBY2 and here https://tppr.me/gTrWj

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! You may have set it CloudFlare already but you still need to purge everything in your site cache before you test the site. Here’s the thing, you have a caching overload since you used CloudFlare and W3 Total Cache. In generating the site cache, you will have to put CloudFlare in development first and then login to your WP dashboard. You must clear the cache in W3 Total Cache plugin first and make sure that the minification is in place so that when everything is in order and CloudFlare will cache the site, the latest and freshest cached.

Hope this make sense.

This is solved by deactive minify plugin and active developers mode in CloudFlare.

But once I active minify plugins the drop-down navigation stops working. I have excluded files your friend told me to do, but still doesn’t work so can’t use any minfy at the moment.

Hi There,

Glad this is solve for now.

I am able to duplicate the issue. Make sure that the following is not check too:

Enabling(checking) Inline CSS minification and Inline JS minification makes the dropdown not working. Try it like that settings without enabling the Inline CSS minification and Inline JS minification.

Hope this helps.

That has never been enabled. Use another plugin for minfy and combine css and js.

Without any changes, the drop-down suddenly stopped working today. Have been working for 2-3 weeks now, can you have a look? Now I’m trying to debug, but other than that 0 changes has been implemented.

Rocket loader suddenly just broke the site. Maybe Cloudflare did some updates on their side.

Hi,

It seems to work fine on my end.

See Video - https://www.screencast.com/t/Y63CoflW

Try to clear your browser cache and cloudflare cache then check again.

Thanks

Disabled rocket loader which I also mentioned above.

Hello There,

By default, all of the JS/CSS files in X or Pro theme has been minified already. So you must exclude the files in your WP minify plugin. Please also keep in mind that there is a minification in CloudFlare > Speed tab. Please do not minify JS and CSS in CloudFlare.

One last thing, you will have to make sure that all the files was cache by CloudFlare only right after you have clear the plugin cache and regenerated the cache in your site.

Hope this helps.

Yes, yes yes I know this thanks.

Cloudflares JS and CSS minify is disabled. If you say, all JS/CSS should be disabled form minified in my plugins as well I want to know exactly what I should exclude. Since I donät agree, minified but not combined into fewer files. But this is not the issue but could be good to have all the folders/files for the future.

Yes, that I know as well.

I fixed everything by disabling rocket loader. But why do rocket loader destroy the drop down?

Hi there,

Would you mind providing CloudFlare login credentials as well? So I could turn minification on and off while testing. But if CF doesn’t allow specific exclusion then I’m afraid you have to disable minification for good.

Thanks!

It is not minification that is off (except HTML) it’s rocket loader.

Hi there,

The Rocket Loader plugin actually just moves the CloudFlare stuff to the WordPress installation, so I should insist that the problem still is originating from the CloudFlare.

I checked your website in details and in the current situation again the assets are not loading from the correct place and it seems that it is still served from other source and not the Cornerstone plugin.

You can test that by enabling the Google Chrome Browser developer toolbar while checking your website and check the source panel:

As you can see in the screenshot there is no asset loading from the original plugin. Now compare the assets loading of my installation which is working fine:

So you need to have the CSS and Javascript files loaded from this URL:

…/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-body.js
…/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/assets/dist/js/site/cs-head.js

So whatever changes you do, just check the front end of your website and use the developer toolbar sources tab to see if the asset is loading from that position, if not then your site will not work correctly.

You need to exclude those files from both minification and bundling plugins.

Thank you.