Some errors on website

Hello,

I ran into some problems. A few days ago I wrote a new blog post and discovered that Yoast SEO is not indexing the post properly. I tried numerous of things already (switching of plugins etc.)

Since I also recently added some custom CSS I decided to have a look there to see if this was causing the problems, so I removed the CSS unfortunately without result.
But after putting back the CSS also that was causing some errors. To be specific the icons on the dropdown menu on the desktop version are not disabled anymore, I used this code for it:
.x-navbar .desktop .x-nav li>a>span:after {
display: none;
}
So my questions are:

1. how to find the problem that is causing Yoast not to index posts properly
  2. how to hide the dropdown menu icons again.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Jeroen.

Hi Jeroen,

Thank you for writing in, 1.) please try utilizing the Yoast’s Webmaster Tools verification feature.

2.) Your custom CSS is correct, but there is a syntax error somewhere on your custom CSS area.

You can use this tool to check your custom CSS and address any found error/s.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Thanks for your answer. I managed to fix the CSS and I connected Yoast by using the meta tag, but unfortunately no changes in how Yoast analyzes. I did figure out that when I disable the Woocommerce plugin that another tab is appearing in the backend of the page where the posts are located. When Woocommerce is enabled the amount of incoming links tab is showing, when Woocommerce is enabled this tab disappears (see image) but that is the only change, Yoast still doesn’t index the page properly when I disable Woocommerce.

What other things can I do to find out where the problem lies? Thanks once again.

With kind regards,

Jeroen.

Hi Jeroen,

To be clear, the issue is not about indexing right, because when I check, your site can be indexed by the search engine’s robots properly. The issue is the Yoast can not analyze one post, right?

Please do the following:

• First, CLEAR all your caching plugins and Features including Cloudflare.
  • Deactivate YOAST plugin and, reactivate it again.
  • I do also see a Mixed Content issue on your site and that is because of your WordPress Address and Site Address

That should be prefixed with https, not http since you have an SSL certificate, please fix this you can follow the guide provided here. Please CLEAR all your caching plugins and Features including Cloudflare again after.

Let us know how it goes,
Cheers!

Hello, sorry yes you are right, it’s about analyzing not indexing. Thanks for your advise, I tried deactivating and activating Yoast again as you described but unfortunately that didn’t help. I tried also to replace the URL with Better find and replace but probably the amount of data is too big when I choose all the tables. Which tables should I choose from the list to the URL going into https:// and that my website still works?
Thank you.

With kind regards,

Jeroen.

Hi Jeroen,

We recommend you to backup your website before attempting to use better search and replace plugin because it might break your website if you didn’t configure it properly.

Regarding the tables, you should select all the tables it will not take so much time to replace the links.

Thank you.

Ok I will try once again. /but regarding to Yoast, is there anything else I can try also to have the post properly analyzed?

Thanks.

Jeroen.

Hi Jeroen,

I believe Yoast is properly analyzing your posts, can you address what the Yoast is asking for your “Things to do in and around Mui Ne fishing village” post?

Thanks,

Hello thanks for your reply. Well the red bullets that are showing on your image are not correct. I can be wrong but as far as I know I didn’t use the focus keyphrase 45 times, the same is the case with the H1 heading, on top of that if I try to change any of those bullets (removing the H1 heading completely for example) it still leaves the result unchanged.

Thanks again.

Jeroen.

Hi Jeroen,

The other h1 is the 1. Kitesurfing Mui Ne, the other one is the main title (THINGS TO DO IN AND AROUND MUI NE FISHING VILLAGE)

When I change that 1. Kitesurfing Mui Ne to h2, this happens.

So it looks like the Yoast is analyzing your post.

If you believe you did not use the focus keyphrase 45 times, try CLEARING all your caching plugins and features and deactivate it for a while. Make sure you clear it before you deactivate it.

Thanks,

Also, I can’t seem to get Better Search and Replace to work, it starts with replacing the files but after a while it just stops. I already increased all of my php settings to high numbers, because of this I did get a little bit further into the replacing process but halfway it still stops.

Cheers,

Jeroen.

Hello Jeroen,

Aside from using Better Search and Replace, you can double check by using other plugin as well. In my experience, the search and replace functionality of WP Migrate DB is great too. Feel free to check and use this as an alternative.

Hope this helps.

Hello and thank you, I tried already 4 different search and replace plugins but all seem to fail after some time, see the screenshot with my last attempt. Any tips/help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Yes, I can see that issue, that could be Maximum Execution Time, but I see your site PHP Maximum Execution Time was already set to high (1440s), so I’m not sure why updating your database not going through.

But, I don’t see the Mixed Content issue on the site anymore and WordPress Address and Site Address are already is https, did you somehow successfully done this via another method?

If not, then maybe this is related to the cache as well, and when you cleared the cache it corrected itself.

Thanks,

Hello, that is strange indeed, but I’m happy that this problem is resolved. Now only still remains is that Yoast is not analyzing the posts properly. I switched everything back on and the Mixed content issue is not showing anymore. Are there any other things I can try to resolve the Yoast issue?

Cheers,

Jeroen.

Hi Jeroen,

The issue is your Focus keyphrase Mui Ne that phrase is written on your post many times (46 times), That is way more than the recommended maximum of 30 times for a text of that length.

So to resolve that you need to rephrase your focus key words. As much as we like to help you on this, but improving site SEO is outside of the support that we can offer.

Thank you for understanding,

Hello, yes I understand. And my apologies for wasting your time on this matter. I see now that it’s about the word Mui Ne, I wasn’t aware of this and maybe Yoast changed this because as far as I know Yoast always counted the entire keyphrase and not one word of it.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Jeroen.

Hi @SchoonhovenOntwerpStudio,

Glad that we are able to explain you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.