Site Broken - [an error occurred while processing this directive]

Hello,

I am still having issues with my site “cmg.team”. I cannot access certain pages such as “cmg.team/al” where I get the error “[an error occurred while processing this directive]” and if I click on certain portions of the WP admin page it will automatically download a php file and I lose access to the site entirely… I have to manually delete the .htaccess file via FTP and then I regain access. I tried the permalinks by changing and saving but that has not helped. I checked online and it might be that the issue is related to permissions but I am not certain. I also got with godaddy hosting support and they are clueless. Can someone please assist me?

Thanks,

Hi @mironkedz,

I understand that you already have this thread before, with no resolution. I did Google that error ([an error occurred while processing this directive]) and the common cause is file permissions, what did your hosting exactly say about this?

here are some results related to that error.

You might want to show that to your hosting support, it might help.

If the issue persists, please provide us login credentials (wp-login and FTP) in a secure note so we can take a closer look, the one you provided on the other thread does not work anymore.

Thanks,

Hi @mironkedz,

Thank you for the credentials, but this is too complicated for us, as soon as we are able to login to your admin dashboard the site starts acting up (downloading PHP file instead of navigating).

I found one solution here, if you read that thread you’ll see he has the same downloading of file issue and his with GoDaddy too. I cant complete his guide though because it requires killing PHP processes.

There is another one here, but was not mentioned what is the solution, he just contact the BlueHost (hosting) tech.

You really need to work with your hosting on this, because this is a server issue and they have all the access on this to complete a resolution.

Thank you for understanding,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.