Section divs missing when saving (home)page in WPML site

Hello support,

I’m having a strange issue; I have a dual language site and when I edit the homepage in Cornerstone the following happens:

1. I edit the homepage in both languages and press the Edit with Cornerstone button
  2. I add a title on both pages and everything looks good in the previews
  3. I save both pages
  4. I open both home pages in different tabs
  5. The page I saved first looks good, exactly like the preview
  6. The page I saved next looks wrong; all the x-section divs are missing!
  7. I reload both editors
  8. I can edit page 1 again with cornerstone
  9. Page 2 says “The content has been modified outside of Cornerstone.” which it hasn’t

Any clues as to why this is happening?

Hey Falise,

Thanks for detailing the steps to arrive to the issue. The possibility that this could happen is if you have translated your page using WPML Translation Editor first. If this is the case, you will need to delete the translation and build the page (other language) again in Cornerstone.

If that does not help, please give us WordPress Admin in a secure note so we could check your setup.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

I’ve did as you mentioned; create two unlinked pages, build them in cornerstone and linked them afterwards when I was done. However, this means that I probably cannot change them afterwards?

Can this be fixed by changing the translation settings in WPML maybe? Attached is a screenshot of my current settings.

Hey Falise,

I’m sorry for the confusion. My wording was incorrect. I used the word “build” instead of translate using the translation flag icons in Cornerstone.

If that still does not help, please give us WordPress Admin access in a secure note as previously asked.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.